Which upper plenum is this?

sakudog

Not 100% sure, thanks!

8ajy7y2e.jpg
qyzyta3u.jpg
u2ypesa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has the thick boss were the bolt goes to mount the throttle cable bracket like this one it's a PTE. If it's the same thickness all the way around the base it's a accufab.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    993.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    826.6 KB · Views: 224
Mike,

Mine has that big thick boss on the bolt hole that the throttle cable mounts too, just like the one above, so then you're saying it is in fact a PTE?

Best,

Jeff

I'd say PTE also. The Accufab/ Kenne Bell design is just a tad more sloped.

Richard Clark tested all the plenums a few years back. Don't know where the PTE came in, but the Hemco was the winner. So much so, that it is rumored to be being re-tooled as we speak. Several guys searching for them all the time. No power plate needed, and they were built with a 1 inch spacer designed into it.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394062708.443931.jpg

No idea. I was buying a used one from a non board member and he was involved in it...somehow. I was given his number but it was a year ago. I hope it really happens

Hemco was the winner.
No power plate needed, and they were built with a 1 inch spacer designed into it.

Was the KB ever tested or any others with a 1" spacer to see if they were closer or better than the hemco??

I run a KB with a 1" spacer and am curious if it performs like a hemco in not needing a power plate.

My car runs great, but I haven't pushed more than 27lbs. of boost with it either.

The KB is the Accufab. You'd have to contact someone who knows Richards results...and I have no idea who that might be.