Which spark plug for GN1 aluminam heads???

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey, Im not gonna trust anything that was done to this car previously so im looking for an idea on a proper spark plug for my application, im assuming with my mods some changes will be required over stock and im not sure if the champion uses a stock plug? sorry for the dumb post just curious???

plugs

Hey, Im not gonna trust anything that was done to this car previously so im looking for an idea on a proper spark plug for my application, im assuming with my mods some changes will be required over stock and im not sure if the champion uses a stock plug? sorry for the dumb post just curious???
I run autolite #103's w/ my combo. very happy!

Whichever plug you go with, note that you might have to grind the outside of the spark plug socket down some. I don't know if all the GN1s are like mine, but some of the plug bores (not where the threads are) are really tight for a socket. I use AC R43TS (I think that's the right number).

I run autolite #103's w/ my combo. very happy!

I used to use the Autolites. I have since switched to the NGK's. Could not be any happier! I usually switch between the 9 and 8 heat range....depending on the weather and the tune.

Whichever plug you go with, note that you might have to grind the outside of the spark plug socket down some. I don't know if all the GN1s are like mine, but some of the plug bores (not where the threads are) are really tight for a socket. I use AC R43TS (I think that's the right number).

I haven't had an issue with my socket fitting in the holes...how new are your heads?

Snap On makes a flexible extension with an attached spark plug socket that is thin walled and works great on my GN1's.

I like both the Autolite 103 or NGK TR5 plugs they work great on the street gapped at .032 :wink:

I use the 8's for my car. Just make a run and check the plugs to see if you have the right heat range.