Which route should I go

well i started it up again....and i was thinking it might be the turbo since i dont know the condition it was in...the guy just told me it worked...I was thinking of rebuilding the turbo...I see charlie u havealotof experience in tearing them down...how hard would it be to rebuild mine...im looking on ebay for a rebuild kit...what will i need a t3 rebuild kit?

Well Lorenzo, it might be easier for you to just send it out... or maybe exchange one.

but the rebuild kits arent that expensive, and with patience can be pulled off in an afternoon. I use the kits from turbocity for a stock rebuild.

Turbo City - Rock-It Parts

heres a link to the kit you need.

if you feel its too much, I can rebuild a core I got here and we can exchange if you dont mind a slightly slow turn around.

:biggrin: A.j.

ok that will work...i ordered a electric gauge that should be coming soon...I already had the sending you actually my grand prix gauge had an electric gauge but it stopped working and i couldn't find another gauge cluster on ebay...im going to monitor my oilpressure and at least try to run it some more to burn off some more oil because i know i overfilled it

ok that will work...i ordered a electric gauge that should be coming soon...I already had the sending you actually my grand prix gauge had an electric gauge but it stopped working and i couldn't find another gauge cluster on ebay...im going to monitor my oilpressure and at least try to run it some more to burn off some more oil because i know i overfilled it

well i wouldnt try to burn it off, as oil fouling contributes to detonation. just drain it off a little bit at a time.

A.j.

welli drained a little of oil out and let her run for a while and she stopped smoking...i think the turbo is still good..im going to try to use my orignal disb and the 80 carb...shes running pretty good and smooth...i tried to wedge a piece of pipe on the passenger exhaust manifold and the crossover pipe it almost worked but somewhere im going to have to find a longer pipe and make a bend in it and the top and it just might work...i also removed the mech oil gauge the damn plastic tube i guess was clogged...so i just put my oil pressure sending unit back in and im waitin for a sun pro electrical gauge to come in...also was there any change in 78-83 down pipe...my waste gate is a 80 and the down pipe is a 83

What's the deal with your crossover? why isn't it working? I think its time to be posting some more pics so we can help you get this figured out, remember-you can mix and match years, but the joining parts have to be the same year IE:exhaust manifold and crossover-and you'll need an efe housing in there somewhere.

There are variations in the cross over pipes. The 78 is different from the 80-82 and the 83-85 are different because of the headers. Yes you can find a rebuild kit for a T3 on evil bay. I sent a link to Aj for one but I think it expired by now. The price is $80 and after you get the kit you can send him the shaft and wheels along with the bearings and thrust collar for free balancing. Just costs you the shipping.

its just my n/a crossover will not work with the manifold without me putting a smaller pipe inside my crossover pipe then bending the smaller pipe so it will fit right on the exhaust manifold... im using a gutted efe on the drivers side manifold thats the only way i can use my drivers manifold

Operation Ram Rod

Is the link to gpopshop by chance?

Talked to him last night, I feel way more confident with these guys more than anyone else. They WILL cater to us carbed turbo guys!!!!!!!! its awesome

Heres the message,

Hello Doc,

To answer Mr. A.j., Yes, we do have the compressor wheels, turbine shafts, seal plates, bearing housings, and standard or performance rebuild kits in stock for these turbos. We also have 1 complete rebuild unit in stock and wastegate actuators available on an exchange basis.

We can be contacted in the day at 479-751-7966, our email is info@gpopshop.com or you can check out our website at Home.

Again, thank you, and we look forward to working with you.

--
Jim & Gerry, G-Pop Shop
Specializing in rebuilt and new turbos,
turbo upgrades, turbo rebuild kits, and turbo parts
Home
(479)-751-7966

Hope that helps Usetaboost.

A.j.

well im now going to be on the hunt for a 83 waste gate...so i can use my down pipe...does anyone have a 83 waste gate that there willing to sell or trade???

thanks i thought i would never find one...are all waste gates interchangeable???

Not quite, they will all bolt up, but some wastegates are normally open, while most are normally closed. Go look at the Thread "POSI REAR" by jimski and Charlie put up some pics showing the difference.

A.j.

I'll dig you one up.

A.j.

Aj to the rescue again. LOL As far as the link it's an auction on evil bay from a shop in Utah. Best deal I've found so far but I haven't checked gpop yet. As far as your gutted efe take it off and see if you can get a donut from a muffler shop that'll fit the manifold. It will be a little better as far as fit.

update: almost got the crossover pipe made took it to the shop and they cut it and made a 90 degree piece so it will connect to the manifold but they didn';t have a flange and i couldn't find one he said i need a 1 3/4

Check Napa. Our store here has a good selection or one of the other parts houses. Shouldn't be expensive either.

im also going to take my wastegate hosuing off next week to see if they can modify my 83 buick downpipe to my 80 buick turbo waste gate....i cant wait to get this thing pieced together...im wanting to drive it so bad will it hurt anything by me grandpaing it to i get msd....also whats a good cat i can use that will bolt to a 83 downpipe with the square end...i dont want to put any typeof performance muffler on it I want this thing to be as quiet as possible