Which parts would you absolutely swear by?

Ssvalleyboy

Hey guys i'm in the process of searching for the mid to low 11's. I'm completely stock right now. I'm working with some local GN guys, and i have a parts list working, but i wanted to see what the consensus was on certain mods.

You'll see a big improvement with a front-mounted intercooler..., bigger injectors with hot wire kit and Walbro 340 fuel pump...and of course an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...
Don't forget to get yourself a good boost gauge and a Scanmaster to monitor all this!...

Claude :)

White, chrome and tan, huh? That combination is super rare. Leave it alone. If you do mod it, in a while, write us, and tell us you wish you hadn't...

strike

its just a car and im sure he didnt buy it to keep it stock. the power is in the heads. get a good ported set and a roller cam.

I'm sure he didn't buy it to keep it stock either, but careful what you wish for. Allow that you can have just a much fun with a stocker, and at the end of the day it will be worth more and cost less. Stock examples of TRs, especially Ts, are like needles in a haystack.

strike

unless you are well into the 10's forget the front mount. It will make the car run hot in the summer heat with the ac on... Go with a Detweiller nack on the stock ic. This will work dandy well into the 11's..

TE44 with about a 2800 stall w/ the obvious mod already mentioned ie: hotwire, adj fpr,SCANTOOL!!!. get one of razors kits and go low 11's easily.

What I swear by? All new sensors, new injectors and a perfectly tuned daily driver. Build from there. No point in throwing fast parts on an engine that cant idle worth a crap or sucks gas cause the tune is shot. Sure, its not very sexy or fun, but neither is trying to run 11's with stock leaky injectors, 150 vacuum leaks, a cam sensor 180 out, a loose crank sensor, a dead o2 sensor...you get the point. :D Build a good platform first.

I'm enjoying my PT6152E. My car with only 19/17 degrees of timing on 93 octane has no problem spinning the tires in 1st & 2nd gear from a stop or roll. Even at 20 psi on pump gas, I'm getting 0.7 degrees of knock in 3rd at lockup(81 mph). The VPE heads/intake & Cam are also helping. The turbo just pulls everywhere.