which One muffler to quiet down the car i mean really quiet new camry quiet.

I have a single 2.5 exhaust system and i NEED a single 2.5 in/out muffler that is SUPER QUIET i don't care for high flowing or not. Just NEED a quiet single muffler that fits in the traditional dual muffler location (under the back seat)
Just to clear things i want to quiet down my car with ONE (1) 2.5 in/out muffler. What do you guys recommend?

At 2.5 I'd say nothing will work. Camry has about a 1.5 inch tailpipe. The sound flows more easily from the bigger hole.
Could squeeze down to a smaller diameter muffler from a different car I suppose.

you might be able to find a traditional style muffler that will be quiet, but it will be pretty restrictive. I would measure exactly how much space you have then start looking thru the muffler catalogs at the parts store (or online)

Bob

I have a single 2.5 exhaust system and i NEED a single 2.5 in/out muffler that is SUPER QUIET i don't care for high flowing or not. Just NEED a quiet single muffler that fits in the traditional dual muffler location (under the back seat)
Just to clear things i want to quiet down my car with ONE (1) 2.5 in/out muffler. What do you guys recommend?

Hey David is what you're wanting is to quieting your Buick down a tad,I would recommend the MagnaFlow Universal muffler it does come with 2.5 in ..and outlet . I run the MagnaFlow high Flow on my T/B and have been very happy with the sound for the last 15 years. I did own a 2004 Buick GS ,and I replace the OEM muffler with Universal MagnaFlow a few years back and it was factory quite. David your Buick can't be rice burning car loud ? Lol..

Putting the cat back on as well if that is gone and the magnaflow muffler but you'll kill some performance.

Try the Walker Quiet Flow SS. I'm not sure if they have one for the exact application you are looking for. But I can verify they are extremely quiet, and as a bonus they are stainless steel. I know an older gentleman who had a very nice 60's model Chevy truck. Had a big block chevy with long tube headers and 2.5" exhaust. You could barely hear the truck running after he changed the mufflers out to the walkers.

If the catalytic converter is removed you could put a resonator in its old location.

If you decide to add a resonator in the cat location or elsewhere Vibrant's ultra quiet resonator is the quietest out there and very compact. The body is 4.5 tall x 6.75 wide and only 10 inches long, made of 304SS. Check out the reviews on Amazon or Summit Racing.
Very deceivingly quiet.
IMG_3789.PNG

The glass pack & the cherry bomb mufflers from the seventies were not the quite at all.But that was a long time ago, when all you needed for your car was hair raising loud exhaust ,and the loafting of a full race cam . Lol..

A little more to the story.
The car currently has a 3 inch DP into a single ATR Pitbull muffler then exits the out behind tire on the pass side.
The car has NO cruising 2000 rpm drone. The drone is now at idle i guess regular set up is 2 atr pitbulls and 2000 rpm drone, with one pitbull doing all the work it drones earlier.
My guess 2000 rpm 2 mufflers vs 1000 rpm one muffler probably equals the same volume.
So do you guys think or know that a walker quiet flow muffler is quieter than the atr pitbull muffler?

Last edited:
you may want the stock air box. Been a while since I've compared but I believe a lot of noise will come through a cone air filter vs stock housing. anyone confirm?

You want a muffler that really has no straight through design. Most performance mufflers are straight through {Pitbull}.