Which oil is best?

diesel oil is not for gas engines and will never be. it does not have additives to remove sludge, it just has soot removers for diesel engines hince diesel motor oil and 15w 40 is way to thick for our engines.

roller cams dont need zddp

Genuine racing oil? NOT good for street use. DO NOT use that crap. It's made for racing only. Meaning, right after the race, the oil gets drained, and replaced. It lacks the additive package our daily drivers need.
Quit with all these high speed gimmicks. There's nothing wrong with any of the better quality dino/synth oils out there now. It's the oil pressure, and oil filter you should be worrying about. If you run a flat tappet, run a bottle of zddp in there, and you'll be fine. If not, you're wasting your money on that 10 dollar a quart stuff.

Just a little clarification on the racing oil. Genuine racing use oil (valvoline, etc.) like Jegs sells does not have the detergents etc. that you speak of. Which is of course why it definitely is not recommended for a daily driver. However, in another post and online, everyone thought that because it was racing oil, it had more zinc in it. While yes, the racing oils do contain more zinc than your standard off the shelf oils (which is why it is for offroad use only), it was actually confirmed FROM VALVOLINE that the Valvoline ZR1 racing oil that HAS the detergents actually has a higher level of zddp than its offroad racing counterpart. This of course can be found at your local NAPA, etc. This is why I chose to use Valvoline VR1 racing oil.

Here is the straight racing valvoline. Notice the "reduced detergents" statement:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Valvoline+Racing/949/VV850/10002/-1

Here is the VR1 street legal stuff: Notice the "ZDDP additives" statement:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Valvoline+Racing/949/VV205/10002/-1

As I said before, one would think that the top one would have more ZDDP in it because its for racing offroad use only. But the bottom one (VR1) actually contains more levels. Slightly more, but definitely more.

I run any name brand synthetic, in the weight that the manufacturer specifies, with a bottle of zddp, and a good filter. If I can't find any wix, I use mobile 1 filters. I change at 3000 miles, and that's that. No need for anything else.