Which oil filter to use?

1LowLeSabre

I'm in need of an oil change my '87 T that I bought a couple month's back. I have my 15w40, ZDDPlus and now i need to know which filter to run. I almost bought a stock one and Walmart but was;nt sure if it was big enough. What to ya'll run?

be aware biggie adapters (std thread converter) are popular in which case a stock filter (metric thread) wont mount

what filter is on there now?

off subject but your mods read like a car that was built up back in the early 90s

That brings up another question. I'm running a Baldwin B9 (biggie), and Baldwins are hard to find around here, and K&N's are easy to get.
I haven't had much luck trying to cross the B9 to a K&N, any help would be appreciated.

That brings up another question. I'm running a Baldwin B9 (biggie), and Baldwins are hard to find around here, and K&N's are easy to get.
I haven't had much luck trying to cross the B9 to a K&N, any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure the cross reference # for the "biggie" oil filter in a K&N is HP-2003.

Someone here or the other site posted a complete list of all the filters in all the applications possible for biggie adapter etc. Must be a year ago that I remember seeing it.
I like the Baldwin B-9 so I grabbed a case of them. You could always just order a case direct from a distributor.

There was an oil filter report posted somewhere where an ambitious fella studied filters and their construction, characteristics, properties, etc.

From what I remember, Ac-Delco, Wix, Mobil-1 were high on the list.

Fram was not.

I run a PF-52 and will be going to a PF-24 once I put my oil cooler back on, using a biggie adapter.

There was apost on here a while back about two different types of AC Filters. One made in the USA and the other is China made. The usa make has "product of usa" printed on the filter and the china made is just a series of numbers.

Use the search key and you may find the discussion on this.

I use baldwin filters. I would have to check the number on it when I get home. I know its not a B9 since I dont have the biggie adapter. Easiest to order them online direct from somewhere.

I like the Baldwin B-9 so I grabbed a case of them. You could always just order a case direct from a distributor.

If I wasn't unemployed and pinching every penny I have I would.
Just had to spring for a couple mufflers. That hurt bad enough.

I was using the delco-52, but now ive been using the Mobil 1 extended performance filters. I think its M-201. They are bigger like the 52 but if you read into the specs, filters out more. I'm kinda limited here also without really going way out of the way, but i've been pretty happy with'em.

There was an oil filter report posted somewhere where an ambitious fella studied filters and their construction, characteristics, properties, etc.

From what I remember, Ac-Delco, Wix, Mobil-1 were high on the list.

Fram was not.

That has changed. AC Delco is now a champion E-core design, not as strong. While I've used Delco up until this year I've switched to wix.

Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources