Which Octane booster is recommended

Pressure-Less

I recently bought a DiabloSport programmer. I have installed the 91 octane tune and it is possible down the road to get a custom 93 octane tune. The problem is where I live (Kansas) there is only 91 octane offered at the pump :mad:. I wanted to find out what octane booster I could use to raise the octane level the last two points to get at least 93 octane when the time comes. Any suggestions from actual use of any octane booster product would be greatly appreciated.

I'll just say this much about octane boosters.....is when they say they raise the octane 4 points, that's .4 so in other words a tank of 91 with a 4 point octane booster raises the octane level to 91.4

E85 is the best widely available octrane booster, but i don't know about availability in your area.

Alcohol injection is the best octane booster;) I ran the time in my sig on sams club:rolleyes: 91 octane & razors alky kit

edit; nevermind saw it's the tune for your '00. Usually it's a higher altitude area that only offers 91, as compared to 93. Does that tuner allow you to monitor knock?

Roc87 nevermind saw it's the tune for your '00. Usually it's a higher altitude area that only offers 91, as compared to 93. Does that tuner allow you to monitor knock?

Yes it does. It allows me to advance or retard the timing up to 10 degrees.

I would just keep adding timing until you start to see knock. I had a '97 K1500 & got had the PCM sent to Nelsons performance, he was able to add some timing over stock & increased the MPG, felt like it added at least 20hp! You should be able to add at least 3 or 4 (maybe more) degrees timing over stock & still get away with the 91. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the diablosport, although it seems quite popular over on corvetteforum.

You can try some of the home brew race gas formulas such as adding toulene. You can find the recipes on the web. May even be some on this site somewhere. If you are looking at using it in a frequently used vehicle then the cost and hassle of constantly making more could get burdensome plus you have the chance that not all of the mixes will be consistant.

The store bought boosters are just something to get your money.

Find a place in unleaded racing fuel, & mix in a few gallons of it with the 91 octane.

I found this:

VP-Heartland

Manhattan, Kansas
Phone: 785-539-2700
Fax: 785-539-3212
E-Mail: vpheartland@yahoo.com

Technical assistance and local dealer information also can be obtained from the following VP distributors:

KANSAS
Fuels for Racing, LLC
800-769-7582
FAX 620-241-2398
fuelsforracing@cox.net

And:

I just wanted to let everybody know that if you need Unleaded Race Fuel in Topeka, I carry VP StreetBlaze 101, StreetBlaze103, and MS109 Unleaded in stock. I also carry 8 blends of Leaded, M1 Methanol, Nitro, and several different kinds of octane booster including NX's 'Chemical X' for boosted engines. We can fill your Nitrous bottles too! Give me a call if I can be any help locally while you're in town. We're located about 7 minutes straight north of HPT, just off of 37th & Topeka Blvd.

Good luck to everyone!

Steve

Absolute Automotive Machine
3801 SW South Park Ave.
Topeka, KS 66609-1476
(785) 266-5831

NOS off road formula...it raises 93 to around 98 ish and works and is around 12 bucks a bottle. Check you plugs after running it though

Just buy good fuel and be done with it.... Octane Booster is like looking at a Playboy... ( I hope I dont have to explain that LOL)

Yea due tell explain :biggrin::biggrin:

Well politely saying, with each product, Playboy and Octane Booster, you think your gonna feel the real deal, but after you use each product and the sensation is over you realized it was a figment of your imagination:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well politely saying, with each product, Playboy and Octane Booster, you think your gonna feel the real deal, but after you use each product and the sensation is over you realized it was a figment of your imagination:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lol