Which new billet (journal bearing) turbo?

street6

pushing stock limits
Looking to upgrade turbo as I install new engine and was looking for some advice. New engine is a girdled 109, je's, race ported irons, 1.65 rollers, and roller cam 205/222. I just ordered a non-lock up tranny from Lonnie (Extreme Automatics) and don't want to run anything higher than a 3200 stall. Car is mostly street driven, however I want a turbo that will have the potential to dip into the high 10's when tracked (without being run too hard). I'll be running a SD TT chip w/ wideband, 60 injectors, and alky.

I was considering one of the new billet precision turbos (journal bearing) and was thinking about going with the 6262, 6265, or the 6365. What do you guys think?

My almost new turbonetics TE60 will be up for sale soon.

All of the turbos you listed will et it done including the t netics 60. Depends on what you want to run for a converter. That cam profile doesnt make a lot of sense on a 3 bolt turbo application especially if it has a lot of overlap.

The quicker spooling one will be the 6262 and 10's wont be a problem. Thats what I would go with.

Looking to upgrade turbo as I install new engine and was looking for some advice. New engine is a girdled 109, je's, race ported irons, 1.65 rollers, and roller cam 205/222. I just ordered a non-lock up tranny from Lonnie (Extreme Automatics) and don't want to run anything higher than a 3200 stall. Car is mostly street driven, however I want a turbo that will have the potential to dip into the high 10's when tracked (without being run too hard). I'll be running a SD TT chip w/ wideband, 60 injectors, and alky.

I was considering one of the new billet precision turbos (journal bearing) and was thinking about going with the 6262, 6265, or the 6365. What do you guys think?

My almost new turbonetics TE60 will be up for sale soon.

What don't you like about your Turbonetics TE-60?

I actually love the TE60, instant spool and no need for a larger converter (and it's basically new). However, to get a 10 second pass I thought I would be pushing the TE60 a little beyond it's efficiency range. The new motor has race ported heads with high lift, and a roller cam so I figued the motor would flow more air than the TE60 would flow at an efficient range. I currently run methanol with about 23-24#'s on a stock unopened block, and don't think 23-24#'s of boost from the TE60 will be enough for a high 10 pass on the new motor (but, I could be wrong).

I actually love the TE60, instant spool and no need for a larger converter (and it's basically new). However, to get a 10 second pass I thought I would be pushing the TE60 a little beyond it's efficiency range. The new motor has race ported heads with high lift, and a roller cam so I figued the motor would flow more air than the TE60 would flow at an efficient range. I currently run methanol with about 23-24#'s on a stock unopened block, and don't think 23-24#'s of boost from the TE60 will be enough for a high 10 pass on the new motor (but, I could be wrong).
The TE60 will be enough and compressor efficiency is less of a concern where a lot of methanol is dumped in. Methanol covers up a lot of sins when it comes to compressor efficiency. The quickest i ever went with a stock turbo was 11.88@112. I trapped 109 within 30 minutes of going 112 with the methanol off at the same boost pressure and a slightly LEANER (on a narrowband, since this was back in 99)tune than i had with the meth. So in that case the meth was worth nearly 50hp without an increase in boost. All runs were on 110 octane. With the dutt neck intercooler and the stock turbo at 24psi id guess the heavy dose of methanol was dropping the inlet air temp over 120degrees:eek: :eek:
Keep in mind this was a DIY alky kit that i made back in 95-96. I didnt even know who Julio was back then.