Which inj's for TE-60 and low 11's??

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
My brother is building a low 11 second "T", and we're just wondering what would be the prefered injectors with this combo:

TE-60
3000 stall conv.
front mount

Engine has been completly rebuilt with the best including JE pistons, steel caps, heads completly rebuilt(not ported,yet)ect. Of course he also has all the supporting parts ie; Walpro 340, adj. reg, 3"dp, etc.

His goal is very low 11's, BUT he will be driving this car 3-4 times a week. Thanks to all replys.

Ken B.

I have to agree with the 50s if you want to keep the computer un modified. If you are willing to modify the computer the 55s handle higher pressure with out the lock up problem and have a better spray pattern.

50's minimum, 55's or bigger if he ever plans to step it up in the future. I'm running a te-61 w/50's & a 3200 rpm top hat converter and am wishing I would have gone ahead & bought 75# injectors. The 50's are maxed out at around 10.80 & already hitting ~90% duty cyle with the 11.4's@119.8 I've run so far using a xylene blend, street chip & 22~23 lbs of boost in my car.

Doug C.

Looks like it will be the 50's. Are there any one's out there that you guys can recommend and or using?? MSD's or ??? Sorry for all the questions, but we would rather get the correct ones the first time out. Thanks again.

Ken B.

Originally posted by forcefed3.8's
What about 009's? Proven into the 10's.

From all I have read, 50's are easier to tune and more chip programers have a good handle on the 50's. Besides, if you're buying injectors, why not have a slight comfort zone if you decide to step up?

I got my Delphi 50's (MSD) from Racetronix. I'm running a Testa street chip and a JL 110 race chip. Both chips have great drivability and idle!

The combo below went 11.80 the first time out.:) This was with letting up on the throttle in 3rd gear because of KR. The track was out of 116 sunoco and I had too much pump gas left in the tank to mix with the 112.:rolleyes: Looking for mid to low 11's tomorrow.

The TE60 and MSD 50's is a great combo! No regrets so far:cool:

i was wondering the same thing... you guys rock! thanks for info :cool: winter time means time to mod the crap out of my GN :D