which fuel pump?

87_we4

turbo tom
I'm doing some upgrades including 6262 turbo, alky single nozzle, TT 6.1 chip with 80# injectors, fmic, new hotwire kit, trying to decide on fuel pump. Will the new racetronics 340 pump sender be enough or should I just step up to the dbl pumper

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Turbo Buick

correction I miss read I thought you were asking if a 255 single would work...

From what I've heard you're going to need a 270 lpr fuel pump if you are planning on putting a bunch of fuel into those 80's. The basic Walboro 340 is only rated at 255. Don't you need to install a bigger return line as well if you go with a 270? Are you looking to go E85? If you are just using pump gas / alky then you really won't be ushing those 80's and therefore could get by with a 340 for now. My 340 handles my setup at 25psi just fine.

I'm gonna be running 93 and Alky around 25psi. With the tt 6.1 I had to.do the 80# I know I don't need that much now but for the future I'll be ready

The way he worded his first post I'm pretty sure he is referring to the racetronix 340, which is a 340lph pump. Not the walboro 340, which is a 255lph pump. In which case, yes the racetronix 340lph pump is enough.

Check into the DW-300. You might find that's exactly what you need if you don't mind doing a few mods. None of which are very difficult.

Great tool thanks I will keep u in mine in the future customer service is most important and research and development also but win u call vendors or sales people to ask questions and they just make it short and sweet as they can or cut u off that just sucks makes me not want to buy great video also DW p.s this is NOT tward d w sorry to get into this post just reading and learning

I'm doing some upgrades including 6262 turbo, alky single nozzle, TT 6.1 chip with 80# injectors, fmic, new hotwire kit, trying to decide on fuel pump. Will the new racetronics 340 pump sender be enough or should I just step up to the dbl pumper

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Turbo Buick
If you,re referring to the Aeromotive 340 that they sell,it will be enough. Keep in mind,if you install a pump that has an output higher than 255 LPH,you will likely have to replace or modify the fuel return line as it will not be able to return enough fuel to the tank during low speed operation. This will result in high fuel pressure at low engine demands. Because of this I recommend Red Armstrong's double pumper. It will also take you farther into the future than a single in tank. You'd just install the pump with no mods and be done.

I'm gonna be running 93 and Alky around 25psi. With the tt 6.1 I had to.do the 80# I know I don't need that much now but for the future I'll be ready

You may want to consider this item:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS-G7RXP340M&eq=&Tp=

It comes complete with a pre-installed 340LPH pump and the sender is properly wired to support the current demands of the pump. A stock sender is NOT!
The sender is stainless and the lines are non-tapered for maximum flow. This must be used with OUR 10 gauge hotwire harness for maximum performance.

If you require more fuel but want to use stock lines you may consider our twin 255LPH system listed in our sig. below.
FPS-G7RXP340M.jpg

Racetronix said:
You may want to consider this item:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPS-G7RXP340M&eq=&Tp=

It comes complete with a pre-installed 340LPH pump and the sender is properly wired to support the current demands of the pump. A stock sender is NOT!
The sender is stainless and the lines are non-tapered for maximum flow. This must be used with OUR 10 gauge hotwire harness for maximum performance.

If you require more fuel but want to use stock lines you may consider our twin 255LPH system listed in our sig. below.

This is the one I ordered. Should receive it and the hotwire kit tomorrow

Do you understand that you'll probably have to modify your return line at the minimum. Using a hotwire will increase the flow at an idle which will overpower your return line even more. You can wire the hotwire in such a way that it could be activated at a certain boost level when the motor is using more fuel.

If
If you have any type of fuel pressure issues please converse with a tech in our support forum before entertaining any ideas put forth on TB.
We do not recommend bypassing our hotwire kit as a means to reduce pump flow. Doing so will greatly increase the possibility of system failure and void your warranty.

I'm gonna try it with stock lines first. If I have a problem I will run bigger return line. I have a hot wired walbro 340 in there now with no issues.(I know the old walbro 340 don't flow as much fuel).

If
If you have any type of fuel pressure issues please converse with a tech in our support forum before entertaining any ideas put forth on TB.
We do not recommend bypassing our hotwire kit as a means to reduce pump flow. Doing so will greatly increase the possibility of system failure and void your warranty.
It sounds like you are saying that adding a hobbs switch is just another item that can fail and the least number of parts in a system means less chance of a failure. Is this the point you are trying to make? When you say that adding extra voltage to the pump at a specific time voids the warranty it sounds like you are saying that adding the voltage in this way could damage the pump and supplying the extra voltage continuously wouldn't. If this is true,could you explain how this could hurt the pump.

It sounds like you are saying that adding a hobbs switch is just another item that can fail and the least number of parts in a system means less chance of a failure. Is this the point you are trying to make? When you say that adding extra voltage to the pump at a specific time voids the warranty it sounds like you are saying that adding the voltage in this way could damage the pump and supplying the extra voltage continuously wouldn't. If this is true,could you explain how this could hurt the pump.

You twisting our statements and deriving inaccurate conclusions!

1. We have NEVER had one of our Hobbs switches fail. These are only used to stage pumps in our DP system (using a relay) and have nothing to do with 87_we4's purchase /this thread.
2. Running our RXP340M on the factory wiring is not an option.
3. Normal vehicle voltage is OK (nominal = 13.5V). We never said 'adding more voltage would damage the pump' and more is a relative term.

87_we4 purchased our sender so the wiring we supply is more than enough to reliably handle the power demands of the RXP340M pump.
We recommend the use of our hotwire harness that uses 10-gauge wire. Testing has shown that there is a 0.5V+ difference between our hotwire harness and other 12 gauge harnesses.
This equates to apx 20-30LPH improvement in flow depending on the supply voltage and operating pressure when running our RXP340M pump.