which exhaust system to use.

blacknfast

Iv"e checked out some of the systems out there. but will a new system mess with the performance,if not which one to use.thanks:)

Per your exhaust questions, it all depends on what you're looking for, and at what price. Applied Technologies (ATR) makes beautiful systems for the GN, but they come with a healthy price too. Hooker makes a very nice sounding system that is very affordable. You will do fine with anything 2-1/2" to 3". IMO, Avoid Flowmasters though, as they are not a good muffler design for a turbo car (even though they sound great). Your best bet is to find a muffler that has a straight-through design, (ATR's Pitbull, Walker Dynomax Ultra Flo, etc) since our cars do not operate on an exhaust pulse, like normally aspirated motors. If you want to save weight, ATR's 3" single-shot is a good choice, but I have to say it does not have nearly as nice of a sound as a system dualed from the cat back. Bowling Green Customs also offers systems, but I've never seen/heard one installed. For the money spent, I don't think you can do better than the Hooker system. It sounds great and performs very well on a street/strip car, and is pleasant enough for a daily driver. You would also benefit greatly from a dump pipe in place of the cat, if you don't mind running w/o a cat.
As for performance gains, yes, you'll definitely see improvements! Remember, a motor is nothing more than an air pump. We try to get as much air in and as much air out, as efficiently as possible.

exhaust

Thanks alot for the info. I think I will go with the ATR 2.5 or3.00 Duals AS for the dump pipe, I think I have to run a cat for emisions ? Dont the SS last longer? Just got the car it was garaged, only has 50.000 on it, so im learning I will be on hear alot . Thanks for the info.:D ;)

The 3" Terry Houston SS down pipe is expensive but very nice. You can get them with either a CAT or test pipe w/dump. All of the CAT back systems will bolt up to the stock down pipe and CAT also.

I have the atr 2.5 with pitbull mufflers, a little pricey, but it will last a long time , if you plan to keep the car , thats a consideration, i really like the sound , but they do have a bit of drone in the 2000 t0 2500 rpm range

exhaust

Thanks guys Im going with the atr 2.5 or3.00. B ut cant afford the down pipe right now , but in the neer future.:D