Which converter?

Fast Farmer

Hey guys, I am ready to get a converter for this thing. Wanting something in the 2800-3000 range. What do you guys like? Lock up, or non lock up? What about restalling the D5? Thanks

restalled D5 is fine for your combo

I'd just order one from one of the vendors on here. No sense in having your car sitting there with no trans in it waiting for a converter.

Have been told that the D5 cant be restalled but so much without being inefficent. Anybody had this problem?

Have been told that the D5 cant be restalled but so much without being inefficent. Anybody had this problem?

Been using Pat's converters for a gazillion years in Buicks.. worked like a charm. Very easy to get.. :cool:

I can build a 12" converter like a restalled D5. The stock converter stalls about 1800 rpm. The restalled D5 will go about 2200. That should be all you need.

I have a pats in my car also have had no isues and he helped me pick out one for my combo. thing really plants you in the seat.

I just got my car back today. Stage 2 with the 2800 stall NL. Good god, it's like a whole new car! I'm seriously amazed at the difference over stock. Now when the tranny shifts, it doesn't drop revs, it just keeps on screaming into the next gear. This and alky have been the best additions to my car without a doubt. The first time I put it to the mat, I was giggling like a school girl :)