Which car cover?

87GNTurboTTop

Greetings everyone. What car covers would you recommend? I'm thinking of getting one, but would like something quality. Do any of our vendors offer these?

I've done a lot of research on this recently and have decided on a California. Seem to be great quality. I also needed one for outside use all year round. Some guys use indoor covers. It really depends on what you need it for.

I told my wife I want it for Christmas. It's not cheap.

Subbed. Looking for outdoor covers. I've had two "nice" covers disintegrate after a couple months.

I had a Covercraft Evolution Outdoor car cover. I kept the car outside and the cover lasted close to 20 years. I washed it, etc according to the instructions.
A lot of expensive cars I see at car shows use a California Car Cover. I bought one last year for outdoors but the car is kept mostly indoors now. The cover is very
nicely made but I haven't had it long enough to judge it's long term durability. I would recommend either one. The Covercraft Evolution was double layered and
very sturdy. Easy to put on or off. The California Car Cover I have is like nylon and if your car is very clean and waxed the cover tends to slide right off the car while you
are trying to get it on - kind of a pain to get it on with one person.

Last edited:
I have a California Car Cover and have no complaints....don't be a cheap ass, buy the best for the best!

Evolution Technalon. Used one for +6 years. I just received another one for car #2.
Call Leslie at HighwayStars.

Subbed. Looking for outdoor covers. I've had two "nice" covers disintegrate after a couple months.
Same boat. Appreciate the info coming in here. My "nice" one was a $120 bought at a local auto parts store in a pinch. Lasted one season before it started coming apart at the "welded seams". Not to mention it was never waterproof. I had to put camping waterproofed on it for a tent.

Whatever you do don't buy the Cover Craft Weathertech HD. It's the most expensive outdoor cover they make. Cost me $500 and never gets used. Scratches the hell out of the car. Can't sell it because how do I sell it to another Buick guy and keep a clear conscience?

Started researching this. Need one for a show quality paint. Any input.. don't like little scratches

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Was thinking a out the Noah blockit as in an emergency I can use it outside for car shows, trackday stuff etc. Limited outdoor use

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'll admit to not being up to date on the latest and greatest in car covers but with black paint you only have to breathe on it for it to scratch. Lol. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration there but its safe to assume any cover will leave light scratches. If you ever cover it without first washing the car the scratches will be even worse. Some don't inspect their paint as closely as others and they may not care about superficial scratches but believe me they will be there. Just shine a good light on it and you will see it. If you've ever done paint correction on one of these cars with original paint it doesn't take much effort compared to modern day paint finishes because lacquer paint is known to be soft. So if your car still wears original paint, it will be that much easier to scratch. The good news is light scratches can always be buffed out if they bother you. I have spent many hours buffing out scratches left by a car cover.

Whatever you do don't buy the Cover Craft Weathertech HD. It's the most expensive outdoor cover they make. Cost me $500 and never gets used. Scratches the hell out of the car. Can't sell it because how do I sell it to another Buick guy and keep a clear conscience?
Lol. Same here. I put that junk over the Technalon.

Was thinking a out the Noah blockit as in an emergency I can use it outside for car shows, trackday stuff etc. Limited outdoor use

Reach out to Leslie at Highway Stars. She is very knowledgeable and can get you sample material. Still love theTechnalon and puchased another one. Hope this helps.

For what it's worth I got the Evolution Technalon in October to replace my crappy one. This thing is amazing. I keep my car outside year round but parked from November to last snow/salt. I pulled the cover off this year and it looked freshly detailed still. Seriously. Unbelievable cover, especially for the price.

Just to note, at one point we had over 20" of snow fall here in 2 days. No issues with the cover at all.

I PURCHASED A FLANNEL CALIFORNIA CAR COVER , AND ALSO A TECHNALON COVER TO PUT OVER THE CALIF COVER . I ALSO PURCHASED SOME WHEEL COVERS FROM HARBOR FREIGHT ( THE KIND THE BODY SHOPS USE WHEN THEY PAINT CARS ) ,TO COVER THE TIRES SO THE CAR COVER DOES NOT GET DIRTY . I KEEP THE CAR IN A WAREHOUSE , HOWEVER THERE IS A WAREHOUSE CAT THAT LOVES TO SLEEP ON THE CAR ( THATS WHY I GOT THE TECHNALON COVER TO PROTECT THE FLANNEL ONE ).

I'll use this stuff on my GN when it's in the garage and I don't want it to get dusty. (See pic)

No need to deal with scratches from the underside of a cover. This stuff is good as a drop cloth for painting inside the house as well. Tons of uses.

The roll lasts forever. A new,clean surface on my car each time.

Check your local body shop supply store.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143