Which break up grade is best

ED Turbo6

Looking to up gread my brakes need to know which is the best of the two? I have a full front and rear set up off a 2001 c5 corvett and a front set of 2000 2wd s10 blazer would like to keep my gn wheels but if not can i go with a 16" wheel to clear the calipers or do i need to go larger:confused: grand national 2011 002.jpg

The vette brakes will not fit the stock wheels but I believe the S-10 brakes will. The Blazer set up is a little easier as well since it's basically a bolt on and get the car aligned after you're done.

If the rotors measure 12" or more you are going to need 16" wheels, 13" rotors need 17" wheels, 14" rotors need 18" wheels. You might get away with 12" rotors and skinny front runners, but thats a toss up depending on the wheel. Rears are a definate on size though. But I have heard that a couple of guys got by using 15" wheels with 12" rotors, but they had to grind material off the caliper to get minimal clearance. Thats a risk I would not take.

i had 12" C4 Corvette brakes behind 15X7 70's Z/28 wheels on my 71 Nova with no grinding needed, but plain jane 15X6 steel wheels and most 16" mini spares wouldn't clear- and a 17" mini spare from an Astro van wouldn't fit . GM built and sold millions of A bodies (Caprice, Roadmaster, Impala) and 1/2 ton 2wd pickups that had 12" brakes and 15" steel wheels from the 60's to the 90's.
i guess what i'm saying is that 12" brakes may of may not clear any given wheel- the only way to know for sure is to try it.

I'm not 100% sure about the older Corvette brake working with 15", if it does it would be a very close fit. And proberbly would not work with all wheels. It would not work with a stock wheel and the LS1 brake upgrade.