Which brand of Denatured Alcohol is everyone using?

Denatured also comes in 70 and 93% so that would affect the tune too. I would stick to meth. Are you in Ma? I have a friend in Merrimack NH that just bought a 55 gal drum and would sell you some.

I have sources for meth also, but its just a pain in the a$$ to get + I don't like storing that stuff at my house. Seems easier to just pick up some denatured if and when needed, even though it is more expensive. Wasn't aware that it came in 70 & 93%. Which one is everyone using?

Iv'e never seen Denatured in 70 and 93 % mix. Now Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) yes. I have and still am using Klean-Strip S-L-X Denatured Alcohol. Have yet to have any problems with it and have been using alky for 19 years. It's all in the TUNE !!

Oh damn, I was thinking of Isopropyl, since I use it at my work. Denatured alcohol is not "pure" so there are various additives to it that might change the "tune" depending on the brand. That's one good thing about M1, it's not a variable. Storing it would be no different than denatured as far as safety goes.

I run denatured for the past 3 yrs because thats what the people who sold the kit said to run and its easy to find. I dont think it matters much. I would try methanol if I saw a place to buy it.

Same here no convient places to buy it!! I have had good luck with the 3 different brands of denatured I've tried...Also worth noting that I have gotten alot of use out of this stock 86 GN fuel pump in my outdated SMC kit....Everyone said the pump would never last...Makes me wonder if my luck would be the same if I were using meth????

Denatured alcohol is as close to pure 'shine as you can get, you could drink it if they didn't put that 4% poisonous corrosive Methanol alcohol in it to keep the price of corn liquor high. :mad:

Up here in Canada I useRecochem’s Methyl Hydrate is a 99.9% pure versatile product with so many uses that all hardware and paint departments as well as automotive, camping equipment and general merchandize retailers regularly stock it.

Methyl Hydrate is used for:

Thinning shellac
Cleaning brushes that have been used with shellac
Cleaning windows, when mixed with water
Defrosting air line hoses on tractor trailers & commercial vehicles during extreme cold temperatures
Fondue fuel
Fuel for marine unpressurized alcohol stoves
Dissolving gums, resins, and celluloid
Recochem’s Methyl Hydrate is colourless and smokeless when burned. Since it contains methyl alcohol and is flammable, all our containers are clearly marked with poison and flammability warning symbols. Keep out of reach of children.

Methyl Hydrate has a low freeze point and is suitable for de-icing applications, but it is not an anti-freeze for diesel fuel. It should not be added to diesel fuel, or used as a fuel.

Up here in Canada I useRecochem’s Methyl Hydrate is a 99.9% pure versatile product with so many uses that all hardware and paint departments as well as automotive, camping equipment and general merchandize retailers regularly stock it.
QUOTE]
99% being as it has some water content and is no different than Methanol or Wood Alcohol.
Methyl Hydrate is the excellent alternative.....race shops in Canada rape you at $10-12 a gal for Methanol....doh!