which alky to purchase?

I never saw that thread before Mark, but I was thinking that same exact thing. I just dont want to drill a hole in the trunk floor of a 24k mile car. Its the only thing holding me back.

:biggrin:
,,:D

Use a hole saw and save the piece you cut out for when you do the frame off restoration.... CUT IT COACH!

I never saw that thread before Mark, but I was thinking that same exact thing. I just dont want to drill a hole in the trunk floor of a 24k mile car. Its the only thing holding me back.

:biggrin:

Isn't there a factory drain hole in the bottom of the spare well?

Isn't there a factory drain hole in the bottom of the spare well?

The Metco cell has a sump in it with the outlet facing the rear. Couldn't use the factory hole the way I set mine up. It's just a hole Coach, nothing that can't be easily patched and it with undercoating.:)

what hapens if u have the alky kit on your ride and you run out of juice . can you still drive the car .

Alky

Julio can make it any way you want. I have a trunk mount goin in the Mazda/Buick. :cool:

You really need to look at all the peramiters, Cooling Mist has so many more ways to moniter your engine perameters and much more control over the alky control than Razor's kit does. Razor is a nice kit, but has fallen behind the more technically advance kits on the market today. These kits have a 250lb. pump with better nozzels, a controller that can be tuned with a laptop, so you can set a curve, multiple inputs to moniter how the alky is injected, and the ability to use EGT to control the whole system. Does the Razor kit do this? You can also use multiple inputs to control the system, boost, timing, MAP, EGT, RPM, up to three perameters on a single setup.

You really need to look at all the peramiters, Cooling Mist has so many more ways to moniter your engine perameters and much more control over the alky control than Razor's kit does. Razor is a nice kit, but has fallen behind the more technically advance kits on the market today. These kits have a 250lb. pump with better nozzels, a controller that can be tuned with a laptop, so you can set a curve, multiple inputs to moniter how the alky is injected, and the ability to use EGT to control the whole system. Does the Razor kit do this? You can also use multiple inputs to control the system, boost, timing, MAP, EGT, RPM, up to three perameters on a single setup.

do they instruct you to run straight meth? Sometimes the KISS method is best. People have gone 9's on razors kit. What does cooling mists resume' look like. I'm sure it's a functional system but sometimes there really is no point to more bells and whistles.

I'm partial to the trunk mount Cooling Mist kit, Adjustable with a lap top, or the control knobs on the controller. And the alky is away from possible ignition sources. Alky stays way cooler, and it works as well as a Razor kit, which is a good kit as well. Julio should look into marketing a trunk mount kit. It holds 1.5 gallons of go fast juice.
You want the alky as hot as you can get it without it vaporizing so that it's close to vaporization as it hits the air stream.

Alkycontrol for the win. Nothing saying you can't mount something in the trunk for a reservoir. Julio supplied me with longer harnesses for the pump, longer supply line and a check valve. Mounted the pump out back with a Metco cell where the spare tire goes. Check it out...... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...tech/305551-metco-fuel-cell-install-pics.html

From what i've heard within the last couple days, Metco doesn't sell the spare-tire fuel cell anymore......... maybe someone should look into that:wink:

There is an old saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, it is best to say nothing.

You only seem to jump into methanol related threads and give your opinion and claims. As what you say is factual.

Please post your combination, where you are located, and any substantiating data logs to prove your point. Like HP on pump gas, et, performance, etc

Basically I'm calling you out since you claim there are better ways to do what I do.

There is an old saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, it is best to say nothing.

You only seem to jump into methanol related threads and give your opinion and claims. As what you say is factual.

Please post your combination, where you are located, and any substantiating data logs to prove your point. Like HP on pump gas, et, performance, etc

Basically I'm calling you out since you claim there are better ways to do what I do.
He insinuated I a prior post that the alky is better off being kept cool. Anyone who knows anything about thermodynamics would know that the most energy is transferred when the liquid vaporizes 100% which is not going to happen as fast if the liquid is cooled. With that one sentence credibility takes a dive. I hope to see these logs too. I'm eager to learn.

He insinuated I a prior post that the alky is better off being kept cool. Anyone who knows anything about thermodynamics would know that the most energy is transferred when the liquid vaporizes 100% which is not going to happen as fast if the liquid is cooled. With that one sentence credibility takes a dive. I hope to see these logs too. I'm eager to learn.

X2!!!

would love to see some DATA!!!!

JD

ahhhhhhh...ok.. BUT some of us just want to keep it simple. We tune for NO KNOCK with a scanmaster :biggrin: Daughter has gone nines @ 138+ in a daily driver no brainer set up. What do YOU run in YOUR Buick with Cooling Mist kit ?? :confused::confused::confused: Oh have you seen Shanes kit.. Has all sorts of "cool stuff" for guys that want a bigger picture of whats happening !!

Dino ...where are ya ???

ahhhhhhh...ok.. BUT some of us just want to keep it simple. We tune for NO KNOCK with a scanmaster :biggrin: Daughter has gone nines @ 138+ in a daily driver no brainer set up. What do YOU run in YOUR Buick with Cooling Mist kit ?? :confused::confused::confused: Oh have you seen Shanes kit.. Has all sorts of "cool stuff" for guys that want a bigger picture of whats happening !!

:confused:

Anyone who knows anything about thermodynamics would know that the most energy is transferred when the liquid vaporizes 100% which is not going to happen as fast if the liquid is cooled.

pretty much true: heat of vaporization of methanol = 240kJ/mole; heat capacity of liquid = 80 J/moleC. If you could keep methanol just above freezing point, moving, not clogging up injector nozzle, etc. near approx -100C melting point (this is a very large IF), the heat capacity of the cooled liquid would be approximately 5% of the vaporization energy.

at more or less room temperature the liquid heat capacity is about 1% of the energy absorbed from liquid/gas vaporization. pressurized liquid line and air stream change this result slightly, but not by much. if the liquid is too cold on nozzle injection, i would be concerned about incomplete vaporization - small droplets in the air charge that would mess with heat transfer, etc.