Which 80's G-Body is your favorite?

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Was reading this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/331631-check-out-ebay-ad.html and really started thinking about the G-body's. I really love them. I would classify them as the GN/TR being the fastest, the Monte SS being the baddest looking, the Grand Prix being the classiest and the Oldsmobile 442/Hurst a mixture of all, except being fast.
I especially like the GP interior with the classic gauges and the high console. I like the GN dash too but not in a TR.

g bodies

Factory released yes the TR is the fastest but fastest modified depends on how much $$$$$$$ is thrown at it. I rate them as the Monte SS being the best looking, the Olds Hurst as being really good looking as well, the TR is sinister with nice power on tap for a factory 80's car. Never cared to much for the g body Pontiac's. I pretty much think all g bodies are awesome.

84 Hurst/Olds..Shouldv'e got a real motor though...455 would've been fun

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 906
84 Hurst/Olds..Shouldv'e got a real motor though...455 would've been fun

Hands down the 442 with the silver and black color scheme, but the GN turns the most heads by far. A totally blacked out 442 would have been the best of both worlds. Awesome engine or not, the GN would still be a head turner...even today. The other color 442's were not nearly as nice.

:biggrin:

Not because I am a homer but all black is tough to beat. When we were first married had as Silver SS Aerocoupe, left a lot to be desired.

1 GNX
2 limited with leather bench seat half vynal top and the curtesy lights in the
front fenders. chestnut /dark blue / or rosewood
3 GN
4 Hurst /olds with an lc2 swap
5 late 80's monte SS with a big aluminum sbc or a big ci aluminum BBC with
acouple stages of nitrous

grew up wanting a 442 Hurst/Olds or GNs. stylewise; in terms of lines, I say the Olds had the more sinister shape, BUT the GN beat it in terms of the EVIL look when all blacked out....
I agree that an all alum 455 in the H/O wouldve scooted it much more...I also had wanted to get my paws on the RWD Malibu wagons lol. wasn't there a Buick G body 4 door at the time? a Regal or something like that? I know there was the X body Skylark and the FWD Century by 1982, but weren't there a RWD Century/regal 4 door in 1979-1980, maybe 81? would be interesting to pull off a 4 door GN >.> lol

El Camino's (78-87), especially in black or other dark colors. The first year of this style (1978), a 350 with a 4 speed was available.

79chevroletelcamino_rk.jpg

My 2 cents based mainly off looks...

1. T-Type with the black out package
2. Monte SS and Hurst Olds/442 are in a tie
3. Grand National
4. Regal chrome package
5. Cutlass
6. Monte Carlo w/standard nose and no spoiler and chrome
7. Grand Prix.

IMO the Regal got it right except they needed help in the gauge department. (GNX excluded). Cutlasses are nice, but never cared for the curved rear windows. The Grand Prix had the worst nose of them all and the 2+2's weren't that much better. But the GP's round gauges were cool. Montes the SS models the darn nose was a big as Pinocchio's. But a step up from the grandma nose of the base model.

But regardless any 2 door G body car is cool in my book. :cool:

I went to Google Images and typed in 'Sexy G body'. It was a very hard decision to make but I think I like this one the best.
89047-b-leg-avenue-body-stockings-09.jpg