where to put temp sender

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
where would be the best place to put a temp sender for a 200r4? is there a place to screw it right into the trans?

You have to weld a bung in your pan. I have a pan for sale with a drain and bung. PM if your interested. I took it off mine when I put the big Hughes Racing pan on it. Im just north of you in Meadville.

:biggrin:

Actually the best way would be to put the sensor in the feed line going into the cooler this way you can see the temp from the converter....:cool:

Flow to Converter will be much hotter than what's in the Pan. I like the Pan location, more of an average Trans Temp. Return line would give results on how well your Cooler is working. Your choice.

Yup it's personal preference I guess...You can put it in the pan...return..or feed line....:biggrin:

I had a friend weld a bung in the left driver-side corner of the pan and then I ran the wire up and along the speedometer cable over to the frame. Looks nice and tidy. BTW, my trans temps haven't gone above 180 which surprised me.

I had a friend weld a bung in the left driver-side corner of the pan and then I ran the wire up and along the speedometer cable over to the frame. Looks nice and tidy. BTW, my trans temps haven't gone above 180 which surprised me.

Trans temps shouldn't be too far away from engine temp... so you're right on the money.

I personally think somewhere in the pan would be the best place, like toomanymodz said, nice and tidy looking.

I have an aluminum deep pan and it was drilled and tapped for the temp sensor. So far with just an external cooler temps have been around 160 - 180. This is with a PTC NON lockup converter with some extended highway runs when very hot out. Using the B&M cooler with the fan on it. Found that the thermostat for the cooler wasn't starting the fan until 190 or so. Just bypassed it with a manual switch. Want to see if they have a different thermostat with a lower temp setting.

Attachments

• newtransinstallmore%20003.jpg
    newtransinstallmore%20003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 185
mark, are you having to leave the fan on to keep the temps down ? right now im still just using the 175 switch that came with the cooler. just wondering, i need to mount a cheap gauge right now to make sure my temps are in check. humm. i have a pts deep pan and the port is to small for a sender. dont have time to get it hooked up right now :(