where to mount SMC "control" ?

phil conrad

I am going tohave a SMC kit installed in my car soon. The only thing I do not like is the look of the control unit that mounts inside of the car. I saw one car that had it mounted above the radio. Does any one have any ideas where this can be mounted that is not so "in your face" ? If you have any pics that would be very nice. Thank you.:)

You sort of need it in your face as you have to push the prime button everytime you start the car up to make sure the pump is running and spraying alky. Gotta be within reach.

Or extend the test button wiring. ;)

Originally posted by salvageV6
You sort of need it in your face as you have to push the prime button everytime you start the car up to make sure the pump is running and spraying alky. Gotta be within reach.

Or extend the test button wiring. ;)

Contact SMC for guidance. And dont modify the controller without Steves permission else possibly compromise your warranty.

Hey thats what Steve wanted me to do..send his customers to him.

I also didn't want it mounted on the little shelf above the radio, so I place my SMC control unit on the driver side of the center console right under the dash and just resting on the carpet. This position placed the unit upside down as you look down at it, but it's out of the way and easily in reach from the driver seat.

Mines under the dash - just to the right of the vent. Keeps it out of sight, unless you are in the drivers seat.

I haven't installed mine yet, but I plan in installing it under the radio, right abover the center console. I believe there is also a way of hooking up another "Spray-On" light. I plan on putting an LED right on next to my boost gauge on my A-pillar.

my controller is laying on it's side right on top the radio...i was too lazy to try and mount it on the side of the dash (damn velcro would NOT hold)

yeah you need that test button in reach...in fact some of us (like me) have to press that button right before we go WOT because of transitional knock!:mad:

Originally posted by d0n_3d

yeah you need that test button in reach...in fact some of us (like me) have to press that button right before we go WOT because of transitional knock!:mad:

I had a customer buy a VCS switch and wire it with his test button. So if TPS went past 4vdc, it would tell it to spray. Hey its a bandaid ;)

I mounted my controls to a piece of metal that was fabricated into an L shape and I hook the controls to the upper dash. It just hangs there nice and flush and sturdy. If I need to I can remove the controls when I clean the dash by just lifting it. I will be posting updated pictures of the controls this weekend on my web site if your interested.:D

I'd like to see the pics.

Post them on one of the other 2 boards that allow them. :)

Sounds like a good idea. :cool: