Where to get Weather Pack tools/parts

tta583

Is there a good place on line to get Weather Pack tools? I am specifically looking for a crimper. I know I can get them at most auto parts stores for around $15 but I was looking for a little better tool. I have seen them on line a few times but for around $80 which struck me as a little high.

I would guess there are other tools? Perhaps for taking the connectors apart or perhaps for helping with putting them together.

On that note, any place to get a good selection of the connectors, pins, etc.

Brent

Most automparts store carries the terminals under the "help" name. They're not too, to expensive. Maybe $2.50 for a package of two. If you know someone at a Gm dealer, they may give you some. As for the crimpers, they are pricey pieces. $80 doesn't seem that unreasonable for a good set. The one size fits all crimpers just don't do the job, plus the crimper needs to be able to crimp the terminal to the weatherpack seal.

Mark

Try http://www.waytekwire.com/ $80 for a good crimper isn't too bad. Some of the AMP and Molex crimpers I buy for work cost in the hundreds of dollars. These guys sell the pins, housings, seals, crimpers, and the removal tools.

David

Thanks guys, that is just what I needed! On the tool price, well that is why I asked. I have done a (very) little looking around so I was not sure what was right and what was inflated. Just don't want to overspend as I tend to do as far as this hobby is concerned!!

Thanks again.

Brent

I have a Paladin 1300 crimping tool for amateur radio / computer work and use the 2033 die set for Weatherpack terminals.