Where to get this GM part????

1987 GN

I have a post in the Trans-Am Tech area looking for an O-ring that goes in between the oil cooler and the block. It is GM part #25536843. It was discontinued in 1996 and does not match the 1987 GN part or the 1992 Z28 L98 motor part. No dealer in the country has it in stock according to the inquiry they rant at the local dealer for me. NAPA does not carry a cross-referenced part either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I got one at Pep-Boys a few weeks ago, in their O-ring drawer section. I forget the number, maybe 64143 or 64142. I just matched the old one to a new one in the book they have hanging there.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. Do they crossreference it with the GM part #? If possible could you email me the exact part number from PepBoys so I can go get it. The TTA is back together right now but I am afraid to take the ring out and get there and they do not have the one I need then I will not be able to put it back together again until they get one in stock. I have been unsuccessful finding this part based on the part # from GM so if someone has the exact # that works from a PepBoys or Napa that would be great! Thanks again.

I looked for the receipt for the o-ring I got from pep-boys, but didn't find it. If/when it stops raining, I need to go to town, and I'll try to get a # for you. They can't cross-reference. :rolleyes:
Also, you can remove the adapter from the oil pump,,, simply remove filter, unscrew the 7/8" adapter nut/thing, slide the adapter off(might put it in a plastic baggie and hang off to the side, hoses intact), and reinstall filter. In cooler weather, for a short time, running without cooler isn't a big deal.

Heck, the 84/5s didn't even have an engine oil cooler...

Just take the adapter off and put the filter right on the pump cover and take your old o-ring and match it up with a new one and when you're ready just pull the old filter off and put a new o-ring on the adapter, and install a new filter...Not that big of a deal....

I think it is a bit smaller on the buicks than on the T/A's but I am not sure. If anyone comesup with the part # from PEPBoys please post it here. It would be nice to have the part in hand before I take it apart. Thanks.

At Pep-Boys it's 64142 or 64143,,, I'm pretty sure it's the 66142. They're about a buck a piece so pick up both and use the one that fits the best. HTH

Simply order the turbo gasket set from Felpro at your friendly neighrhood AP store. Sorry, I dont have the part number handy, but I can find it if you need.

This set comes with the exh. donut, oil cooler o-ring, turbo drain, and inlet bell gaskets

No luck yet guys......

I went to a GM dealer, NAPA, Advanced Auto, CAP, AutoZone, and PEPBoys. No one had a Felpro turbo gasket set and the o-ring part numbers from PepBoys gave me some pretty small o-rings. I am looking for the one from the cooler to the block so isn't this one slightly bigger than the o-ring on the top of a ACPF-1218 oil filter or is my o-ring swollen in size from what it should be?:confused: Thanks for all of the help. If anyone else can come up with a part number for this o-ring for a TTA I would appreciate it. Most places had one for a GN but none had one for the TTA. Thanks again.