Where to get some race gas?

turbosam6

My cars suck
I'm having trouble getting race fuel here. My town sucks. Is there any way to mail order it? I thought about getting a 55 gallon drum, but my homeowners insurance will not cover it if anything happens. Like a fire. Sometimes in the summer, this place accross town sells 110, but I want 116. What should I do? I wouldn't mind buying 30-40 gallons at a time. Thanks for any help

Sam,
I dont know how far you are willing to drive, but there are plenty of places up here in the south suburbs of Chicago that can get what you need.

One place you can call is:

Rob Adler @A-Team Speedshop
(708)614-1320
Tinley Park, IL. 60477

Or White's Pitstop, but I can't remember the phone number off hand. They are located in Joliet, IL.

I am able to buy VP C-16 by the gallon, so I usually fill up two 5 gallon gas cans at a time. About $7 per gallon, so $70/10 gallons. Good luck.

Just go to the VP Racing Fuels link provided above and navigate over to the Locate Dealer area. Of course you could always pick up the phone and call VP...

Race fuel

I agree just get a few containers an keep them full. VP c-16 that is.

Steve:)

Thanks for the links, I'll give them a shot. We have "dealers" that aren't too far, but they never have any, if they do its 110. All the dealers up north are too far to drive just for gas.

No alky or xylene here, 116 only, and sometimes a little pump gas.

Does anyone know if there is any way to ship this stuff?

Sam, I can solve the fuel problem....give me the car!!!!! There's a place in Peoria that fills N20 bottles, they might have race gas too. God I miss my car! They used some new "chip guard" on the bottom of my doors when they repainted it, the stuff bubbled up and blistered and now the body shop is fighting with the manufacturer to pay for repainting my car from half-way up the doors to the bottom. I CAN'T WIN:mad:

God I hope you haven't been driving to Peoria to fill N2O bottles! Theres 2 places in town that do that. That sux about your car.

I know it contains the F word....but you might try Anderson Ford in Clinton. They race a lot of stuff, so they might have some too. Or even try to find a local drag racer, they usually have the hookup. Might be a long shot though...:eek:

i'd call anderson ford in clinton to see who they use locally. there are a zillion mustangs in that town, somebody has to be selling good gas. if that fails i know winners circle in peoria sells about a dozen different grades of torco in 5 gallon buckets and in drums. i think they've also got a store in decatur, and i believe there is a 3rd shop somewhere else in central illinois. other than that its 100 and 108 at the pumps in the peoria area. good luck, aaron

fuel

phillips racing pendleton in, 30 miles north of indy, sells sonoco or cam 2 a barrel 54 gal is 250.00 for 116 octane , 112 octane is 216.00 118 octane is 366.00 plus tax he charges a 20.00 deposit on the barrel, the barrels are 55 gallon but have 54 gallons in them, :cool:

The third winners circle is in Burbonois (spelling) in the kankakee area. They have the torco brand. Im probably going to pick up 5 gallons for the dyno day in april. BTW is the torco fuel pretty good?

I think the general concensus is that VP is better than torco, I know I like it better, and have heard other TR owners that like it better. I used some last year, but wasn't really giving it hell, like I probably will this year.