Where to get GN logo differential cover?

Steves87

I was going to change my rear fluid since I put in a posi (suppose to change at first 500 mile) and thought I heard of a rear end cover with the GN logo on it. Does anyone know where to find one? I don't want to spend much cash on it, but if the price is not too bad I woud replace my stocker. It would be a bonus if it had a drain valve on it.

You get what you pay for:

TA makes a nice aluminum cover for our cars. It's thick - it's a girdle - it reinforces the rear. It has screws to keep the bearing caps from walking backwards. About $150...

:D

looking for a new cover too..who is "ta" ?? website or some place I can look at theirs ??? TIA !

JB

I bought that one on ebay a year ago. It looks good but none of the holes lined up and had to be drilled bigger. I think Poston or ATR carries one, too.

I went through 3 different covers til I bought the one that was listed on Ebay (that has the GN letters on it) and that was the only one that stopped my leak! I would come from work and see drops of fluid on the garage floor. I brought it to places that said "double up on the gasket" or "we need to use more gasket adhesive" But nothing worked! Til I read that post on Ebay and decided what the hell. Not only does it hold more fluid for better cooling, but I can use Mobil 1 Fluid (with the whale sperm) and it doesnt leak one bit.

Couldnt be happier!

GNx rear cover

I installed Kirban's GNX reproduction cover and the look and fit is perfect, with no leak at all...I have a few pictures available too...thanks!

Claude :)