Where to find a decent 4.1l engine

87PearlRegal

In need of a better title
I have been debating for a few months now on swapping out my NA 3.8 in my Regal for a better powered engine since I bought it in Dec 10. I have come across a few sites selling syclone and typhoon engines for around $1200. Looks like it will need basically ECU, intake, turbo, headers, and DEI setup to work. Where can I find all of these parts as well?

Are these reasonable prices and does this site look legit? They are even offering a better warranty than brand new (hmmm). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a link I came across. 1991 GMC S15 Syclone V6, 4.3 L, 262 CID Rebuilt Engine - Rebuilt Engines Store

http://market.autopartsfair.com/gmc...5_syclone&year=1991&part_type=rebuilt_engines

I have a 4.1 for sale. It was just magged and crack free. It is STD but machinist says that it would clean up at .020- or .030. $350

I'll take $300 plus shipping for the 4.1 block I've got. Oiling mods and general deburing of the lifter valley has been done as well as crack check. Should go .030 but I won't swear to it.

As far as using a rebuilt engine from one of those sites I would be very cautious!!!!!! When I blew my engine I looked into these, but most likely these engines are not built with the parts that were used in the original (pistons, nodular caps etc....)

These engines require more upkeep and are more prone to knock, I would look at somethng else....