Where to buy tires?

Royal-T-Ltd

Besides the obvious [tirerack and discount tire], any places to buy tires [18's] at a cheaper price?

thanks
aaron

18s are horribly priced. I have two cars with 18s now, doh. TireRack was the best price I found after ALOT of research. Discount Tire is a very close second and sometimes superior. Occasionally you can find a package deal on eBay.

Try these guys.

mccormackracing.com

Good service, fast shipping, no shipping charges.

As dumb as it sounds, try evilbay. There are many places that offer deals on tires and include shipping.;)

Discounttiredirect.com
The same but yet different than Discount Tire.
I bought wheels and tires from there for MUCH less than my quote from the local Discount Tire. I don't think I paid tax either.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Discounttiredirect.com
The same but yet different than Discount Tire.
I bought wheels and tires from there for MUCH less than my quote from the local Discount Tire. I don't think I paid tax either.

Cheating son of a ..........:eek: .......:D

how about the locally owned shops in your area- you know, the place where you take the tires you buy somewhere else to get mounted?
i know of one shop around here that not only has decent prices on tires, but will mount and balance all 4 tires plus take your old tires for $20...

how about the locally owned shops in your area- you know, the place where you take the tires you buy somewhere else to get mounted?
i know of one shop around here that not only has decent prices on tires, but will mount and balance all 4 tires plus take your old tires for $20...

Como se "Tomate Enojado Llantera"?.....
2cdcdb6e9d48838d42affae6a4355557ffe90830_full.jpg

You might try www.tirebuyer.com/tires I got very good deal on tires there for my wife's Buick, and shipping was fast and free.....they'll ship to your home or a place of installation approved by them.....check it out....their tire rating system is tops. Don't know if they have 18" but it's worth a try. Hope this might help.

Bruce '87 Grand National

What in hell? I just clicked on the tirebuyer.com link to check to make sure it takes you to the tire site and it ends up instead on a fish market in Miami? For Crap's Sake!:mad: Did someone sabotage my computer? Jeez, nothing's been going right for me lately! Sorry, man, I tried....maybe go to the link in your open search window off this site......fricken hell! I'm going to bed.o_O

Bruce '87 Grand National

I just bought tires from Tirebuyer.com for my sons car and they were $300 cheaper than my local shop price and it was free shipping to the house...

If your only consideration is price google Nexen tires.

Personally I haven't bought cheap tires for two decades. I want round tires with good ride plus excellent wet and dry traction that don't hydroplane. They ain't cheap.

Mikey

If your only consideration is price google Nexen tires.

Personally I haven't bought cheap tires for two decades. I want round tires with good ride plus excellent wet and dry traction that don't hydroplane. They ain't cheap.

Mikey

Never said anything about price being the only consideration but I will be damned if I pay retail for anything. I always like to shop around and educate myself as to what is available and for how much.

I learned my lesson on tires. I now buy strictly from my local small tire store. the customer service is top notch & there prices are in check with anyone else. the best part is I am keeping my $ in town helping the small buis. man.

I just bought tires from Tirebuyer.com for my sons car and they were $300 cheaper than my local shop price and it was free shipping to the house...

Yeah, Scot.....they are one hell of a nice place to buy tires....I experienced that same top notch service from them also.....right to my door, free shipping, and what really helped me (besides being in lower prices compared to the same tires in my area) was the comparison charts they supply, so you can see how that particular tire compared to others of the same size....plus the specification charts were top notch.....the warranty was for 70,000 miles....I was after handling, tire contact patch, wet/dry braking, longevity, and fitment to my wife's '99 Buick Lesabre Limited....I even went up one size from stock. They give the sizes and even though I went out and checked physically the wheel wells, plus turning lock to lock, their chart still told me that one size large (that I wanted) would fit with no problem.......it costs me $60.00 to have the old tires taken off, new ones put on the aluminum rims, spin balanced, then mounted, and the guys at that shop had it all done in 10 minutes.....I told them they should apply for the Indy 500! I mean, these guys were very good, and very meticulous......the tires ride and handle great.....I did go by the previous customer ratings so that helped with my decisions also.........

It's nice to see someone else who has used their services................I think they are one terrific company. Free shipping (and no tax!) Plus lower price per tire than around here.....just can't beat that.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Never said anything about price being the only consideration but I will be damned if I pay retail for anything. I always like to shop around and educate myself as to what is available and for how much.

You, my man, are one smart cookie......that's the way to do it. I couldn't agree more.

Bruce '87 Grand National

That said...

Nexen got good reviews on low horsepower cars but over 300 hp they suck in wet weather. People complained they lost .5-1.0 seconds at the track. Local girl took them off her Cobra after she scared herself in the rain on her first wet weather drive.

Bought a flawless garage queen 60K mile triple black 97 Cobra for $6K 2 years ago for a daily driver (19-20 mpg city and been pounding it for 2 years but it doesn't break) with 03 Cobra wheels (girl with the Nexen's is trying to get me to buy hers). It had new Sumitoma's all around. They were horrible, noisy, terrible ride and like driving on ice in the rain so I took them off.

I use Firestone wide oval or Firehawk depending on size. Great traction wet or dry for the price. No hydroplaning even at 70 and I drive in Florida downpours. The Firehawk's have given me great traction in snow when I venture up north to visit family for Christmas.
I have a set of Nitto o5's, excellent traction wet or dry, more expensive but more traction on the street; at the track they were no different than the Firestones though. Do not attempt to use these in snow whatsoever.
Cooper is now getting into the mid priced tire market in high performance tires and they are US made if I'm not mistaken. I am considering a set for the Cobra, excellent reviews.

Mikey

That said...

Nexen got good reviews on low horsepower cars but over 300 hp they suck in wet weather. People complained they lost .5-1.0 seconds at the track. Local girl took them off her Cobra after she scared herself in the rain on her first wet weather drive.

Bought a flawless garage queen 60K mile triple black 97 Cobra for $6K 2 years ago for a daily driver (19-20 mpg city and been pounding it for 2 years but it doesn't break) with 03 Cobra wheels (girl with the Nexen's is trying to get me to buy hers). It had new Sumitoma's all around. They were horrible, noisy, terrible ride and like driving on ice in the rain so I took them off.

I use Firestone wide oval or Firehawk depending on size. Great traction wet or dry for the price. No hydroplaning even at 70 and I drive in Florida downpours. The Firehawk's have given me great traction in snow when I venture up north to visit family for Christmas.
I have a set of Nitto o5's, excellent traction wet or dry, more expensive but more traction on the street; at the track they were no different than the Firestones though. Do not attempt to use these in snow whatsoever.
Cooper is now getting into the mid priced tire market in high performance tires and they are US made if I'm not mistaken. I am considering a set for the Cobra, excellent reviews.

Mikey

kinda confusing - i normally dont do WOT blasts or drive like an idiot in wet weather... so i probably drive like i have less then 300 HP in the rain... not trying to start anything but maybe she just doesnt know how to drive...

aaron

kinda confusing - i normally dont do WOT blasts or drive like an idiot in wet weather... so i probably drive like i have less then 300 HP in the rain... not trying to start anything but maybe she just doesnt know how to drive...

aaron

Just saying...

I don't "know" her that well, a friend of my son and her's is a supercharged 03-04 only seen it once. Plus reviews online had many unsatisfied drivers of high performance cars give Nexen a poor wet weather rating.

I will say the Sumitomas on my Cobra with 315 hp are like driving in snow on wet pavement, they provide that little traction. I'm not talking about WOT, just trying to drive normally and merge with traffic or pull away from a red light or the curve on an on-ramp. Was given a 60K mile 99 Mercury Marquis from an elderly neighbor we have helped for the last decade before she died and the new cheap tires on that thing were worse than the Sumitomas, they were horrible, my daughter refused to drive the car it scared her. It is not just about acceleration traction but stopping and control in curves also. Let my tire dealer talk me into the expensive Bridgestones but I didn't like them and he put the Firehawk wide ovals on the Merc and it was night and day with acceleration, stopping (amazing stopping in wet) and cornering control plus they don't hydroplane, they just don't. Put them on the Cobra and they were just as amazing (two years 25K miles of fairly hard driving and should get one more). The Indy Firehawks I put on my T that runs low 11's have far more traction in the rain than the tires that were on the Cobra or Mercury. Surprising wet and dry traction provided I don't shock the drive line. I've put Firestones on ten of my vehicles in the last twelve years and have had no issues with any of them. Medium priced tires that deliver surprising performance.

My point is tires today are vastly different than tires from 30-40-50 years ago. They get far more mileage, they ride better but their performance is all over the map. Tires from the 60-70's when I was a teenager were not so vastly different in performance. Maybe they were just all bad back then and I didn't know better as you could break the rear wheels loose anytime you wanted on my 66, 396, 4 speed Chevelle with the 2.96 gears in wet weather but my first car a 61 Chevy Bel-Air 6 cylinder powerglide was the fastest car on the street in the snow with it's studded recap snow tires because it did not have enough power to break them loose ha ha ha ha....

Mikey