Where to buy tires?

I only buy tires locally now. Used to save a little money by buying online but just really prefer the long term support that a good shop has to offer. A flat repair costs about $40, but if the tires are from my local shop, it's free. Also get discounts on alignments, etc. I'd say befriend someone that runs a quality wheel/tire store. Also I've been told that Costco has good prices and service on tires but I've never used them for that.

I learned my lesson on tires. I now buy strictly from my local small tire store. the customer service is top notch & there prices are in check with anyone else. the best part is I am keeping my $ in town helping the small buis. man.
Agreed, if you ever have to ship a tire back to the online guys or deal with a screwup, you'll wish you went local. I had an issue where an online dealer sent me non white letter tires (I was matching two already on my truck) when I told them they said I could ship them back and they'd replace or refund. Well guess what, no shipping refund!

I only buy tires locally now. Used to save a little money by buying online but just really prefer the long term support that a good shop has to offer. A flat repair costs about $40, but if the tires are from my local shop, it's free. Also get discounts on alignments, etc. I'd say befriend someone that runs a quality wheel/tire store. Also I've been told that Costco has good prices and service on tires but I've never used them for that.

Exactly........

Been using the local Firestone dealer for 12 years and they fix flats for free, take $20 off alignments plus I don't have to deal with all the other horsepoopy of you need this and this and this and this. I can send my wife or kids over knowing they will not be ripped off because they know me and I will not stand for it.

Mikey

Bought my last set of tires from BigO Tires. Price was comparable to online sites, but shop was local. Be aware that Costco will not install anything except the factory equipped size. Since I was commuting with the Magnum, I wanted a taller tire and Costco would only let me carry the tires out and refused to mount. The local Discount Tires did not have a full set. BigO Tires had the tires in stock and matched competitors price. I'm using Nitto Motivos on my Magnum, it is a 60000 mile W-Speed rated tire. The ride is quiet and the wear is superb. I paid 180s for a 255/45/20, Costco wanted 450 a tire for Michelins and I had to carry them out. Now I like Michelins, but 450/tire is a little hard to swallow. The Nittos have a warranty comparable to Michelin.