Where to buy a Torque Strap?

Has anyone ever seen any block damage on a very high powered car from running the HR mounts because they don't have enough give? I heard a crazy story that it's happened. I know there are only 2 bolts attaching the mount to the block. My power goals are going to be limited to the stock longblock...unless something breaks. Knock on wood.

Newbie question: what's an HR motor mounts and where do you get them? Pros and cons? I have the strap, but hate the look of it.

The owner (Paul Ferry) of HR parts & stuff is a member and a vendor on the board. Several other vendors on the board carry his mounts as well and all of them are the same price so it won't make any difference where you get them.;)

I always got the "what's up with the tie down strap?" at car shows, so I went with the RJC brace AFTER I changed my headers from the old Hookers I had. The brace won't clear the cross pipe that the hookers use, since then everything has worked out great. Goodbye tacky strap!

I always got the "what's up with the tie down strap?" at car shows, so I went with the RJC brace AFTER I changed my headers from the old Hookers I had. The brace won't clear the cross pipe that the hookers use, since then everything has worked out great. Goodbye tacky strap!

LOL,I had a guy say"look he has a dog collar holding the engine in":rolleyes:Yup ya can't fix stupids

Kevin

Newbie question: what's an HR motor mounts and where do you get them? Pros and cons? I have the strap, but hate the look of it.
Pros - Less engine shift on hard acceleration, or engine revving, more durable and resistant to rot, and it just feels more firm. O, and you can ditch that strap ;)

Cons - people have experienced more vibration and squeaks, and costs a little more.

Okay, that may be what I'll do then. I replaced both motor mounts and the trans mount back in January and now the drivers side is already broken again. Didn't take long once the car started making some power. So nobody has an opinion on the RJC rear engine brace?
Wondering the same on the RJC Brace? Any input?

I made my own.

All 1/2 stainless. Hooks on both ends.

8ab171d3.jpg

4e84121a.jpg
Sorry to dig up an old thread but im trying to put something like this together. Where do you have the bottom hook attached to? I currently have a ratcheting torque strap that attaches from the eye bolt to a hole in the frame. Also, how do you tighten this setup? Thanks.

It's a turnbuckle. The hooks are threaded. When you turn the buckle in the middle, it gets shorter. A lot of folks don't do this kind of thing any more since it's hard on the ear of the alternator and could Crack it or break it off. Good motor mounts are a more proper solution. Possibly the rjc motor brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be worried about noise and setting of the knock detector

As others have said the RJC brace or HR mounts are the best solution. :cool: If your determined to use a strap buy a made in the US Erickson 1 inch strap with metal ratchet buckle.

Hey guys, do any of the vendors carry the correct torque strap? I could make a trip to home depot for an eye bolt and ratchet strap but I read in an older thread that it's hard to find the right size ratchet strap.
When viewing your car from the front,The engine spins the input shaft of the transmission clockwise. The transmission's reaction to this is to rotate in a counterclockwise direction,so it rotates the engine counterclockwise also. The transmission is exerting a counterclockwise rotational force on the back of the engine block . If we stop the engine block from rotating at the front of the block (Strap/rigid mounts),we are exerting a force on the block that is similar to wringing out a wash clock. I think it is very important to minimize this twisting force on such a weak block.

To do this we must control the rotational force at the back of the engine and never use a rigid engine or trans mount when we restrain the engine in this location.