Where to buy a new double-pumper setup?

Will the factory return be able to handle this new pump at idle and light load?

wondering the same thing. should be alright when some are running the 044. a guy from aeromotive said it will support 650 horsepower without alky so figure another 120 hp with alky and he flowed one with a boost a pump and would support more here is his flow test.

The Aeromotive 340 pump will last just as long as all the other pumps on the market when using a boost-a-pump.

Just flowed a pump at 17.59 V @ 60psi

433lph

17.02 V @ 90psi

330lph

ack...you said boost-a-pump

almost the same as a volt booster but the real flow numbers with 13.5 volts will flow enough for 650 hp. without alky and 650 hp at 80 psi which is a lot of air than we push in. so it will support more at a lower psi.

Sounds like we may have a couple more pump options soon, considering this one and the other post on the DW (i believe that is what it was) pump. I hope the vendors can pick up some of these pumps before spring, when I plan on installing a new pump.

Go to the corvette forum and search BAP failure.

Yes, a lot of guys run them, but a lot of guys don't drive the cars hard.

The ones that do fail. Proof is in the pudding. :wink:

What pudding? How does running a car hard have anything to do with a BAP failure?
I run the ever living dog S#!t out of my car everytime I drive it. Same BAP for the past 10yrs.
Guess thats the pudding you were talking about.;)

What pudding? How does running a car hard have anything to do with a BAP failure?
I run the ever living dog S#!t out of my car everytime I drive it. Same BAP for the past 10yrs.
Guess thats the pudding you were talking about.;)

Bap's don't fail, they kill the fuel pump they are boosting. You still on the first fuel pump?

The harder you drive your car, the longer your fuel pump is run above the normal running voltage. That's why driving it harder is bad on it. ;)

Jason

Bap's don't fail, they kill the fuel pump they are boosting. You still on the first fuel pump?

The harder you drive your car, the longer your fuel pump is run above the normal running voltage. That's why driving it harder is bad on it. ;)

Jason

Yes, Its the same fuel pump, no issues.

Red Armstrong still sells double pumpers, nobody else does that I have seen. The original poster asked for a new, complete double pumper. A friend just got one from Red a few weeks ago.
Thanks, I'll give Red a call. The above mentioned pump isn't going to supply the fuel I need for what I'm doing.

And yes, Racetronix only sells the "kit", not the whole assembly.
S.

South East Turbo sells complete double pumper setups. I have never ordered anything from them so can give any advice on quality or customer service.

Sounds like we may have a couple more pump options soon, considering this one and the other post on the DW (i believe that is what it was) pump. I hope the vendors can pick up some of these pumps before spring, when I plan on installing a new pump.
I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

Ask Richard Clark about the pump I sent him a year or so ago. It is very close if not better than this one. Problem is it is made in China so I figured it would be too much polictical crap to sell. There is a Walbro Pump that is bigger than the areomotive pump but they are made in germany and they think it would be too costly to bring here (even though they are made for this market?) We have a new US made pump coming we will test after the first.
Mike

Ask Richard Clark about the pump I sent him a year or so ago. It is very close if not better than this one. Problem is it is made in China so I figured it would be too much polictical crap to sell. There is a Walbro Pump that is bigger than the areomotive pump but they are made in germany and they think it would be too costly to bring here (even though they are made for this market?) We have a new US made pump coming we will test after the first.
Mike
it is a 385lph walbro but is an inline pump. may fit though.

Walbro 385 LPH high volume fuel pump

Attachments

• inline.jpg
    inline.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 180
Mike

Mike,

Keep us posted as to your findings. Looks like their are several looking for an upgraded fuel pump, me included.

Pat