Where should I start, trans woes

TonyUH60

Driving the car yesterday, it felt like it was shifting a bit awkward, so much so that that car stalled out on me twice.. at a stop, idles fine, taking off is normal, then here's where the problem comes in. it shifts in second gear for a half a second then to third....rpm's are too low so the car stalls on me. this is all at normal cruise. I tried it again getting on it a little bit and it seemed like it shifted fine. The car has a stage 2 trans in it(that way when i bought it)....what i'm wondering should I look at the tv cable or is it possible that I am losing 2nd gear. i did manage to get it into overdrive once at a normal cruise, but again, it downshifted and stalled out on me when i let off the gas. I'm new to the buick scene and learning as I go. any help is appreciated.

sounds like tcc solinoid is shorted out. as soon as it shifts into second it goes into lock up

sounds like tcc solinoid is shorted out. as soon as it shifts into second it goes into lock up

that's exactly what it feels like, it's locking up...wasn't even thinking about that......thanks i'll start there first.

Disconnect the electrical connector on the side of the trans and try it.
If it still does it you know that its in the trans and not in the wires/circuit/control external of trans.
As mentioned above its probably a stuck/bad TCC solenoid which is pretty common.

Doesn't have to be shorted out, just stuck ball on the end of the stem will do it as well. Best bet is to unplug connector. If it still does it, valve in pump stuck or ball in solenoid stuck since it uses 2nd gear signal oil to operate and not exhausting fluid.

thanks for the great info.....going to unplug the connector and drive it today and see what happens. Thanks