Where Is The Mat Sensor

cturboaddict

I got a really weird reading on my scantool of 6-8 for the mat sensor. I wanted to make sure it is hooked up. But i cant find the d@mn thing. :confused: Can anyone tell me where it is and please be descriptive. If you have a pic that would be great..... THANX
chris

It's the sensor between your maf sensor and air cleaner. If you have a K&N filter it is usually mounted in the neck of it.

THE Manifold Air Temperature Sensor.

I talked to another guy and he said it is located on the engine block near the coolant temp sensor just before the #1 intake plenum. :confused: I dont see a sonsor on my k&n. Why am i getting lost here. You are talking about the manifold air temperature sensor right?:confused:

The name is Mass Airflow Temperature Sensor and it should be located between the filter and the MAF sensor. On a stock setup it is in the plastic elbow that connects the filter to the MAF Sensor.

If you need a new sensor, I have a new sensor still in the GM package.

Is it the same sensor- Ihave a 85 t-type

Yeah there is no sign of a sensor. I have no stock setup at all. It is an 85 T-type motor in an 85 s-10. Two questions, will the sensor work for the 85 and if so what does the connector look like so that i can find it. Also what sensor was the other guy talking about. OH yeah and if the sensor you have does work for my application- how much????
Thanx for the help.

My 86 threw a code when not connected. Yours prolly would do the same (electrical connection, that is).

I don't know about an 85 but my 86 doesn't have one because I'm using Turbolink with boost sensing.

I checked my books but I dont see one.

No explination for one at all or anything. I looked everywhere in the wiring harness and i just dont see one on my car. I stripped the wiring harness out of a 85 regal t-type in the junkyard and i didnt see one or a sensor for it. Does anyone know anyone with a "hot-air" car?? If so check it out. :confused: