Where is the best place to live as a car guy?

NH isn't that bad. Circle track and dragstrip action and cruise nights. No big long open roads but there are some nice back roads and mountains to run through. Half a year to work on your car-if you have a heated garage...

Snow is a blast to drive in! Separates the men from the boys.

Not Memphis.These MFer's around here can STEAL the paint off your car while sitting at a red light.
LOL, no not Memphis. I was thinking more Nashville area.....Hendersonville, Franklin. Hendersonville is only 60 miles or so from Bowling Green. ;)

MD has one thing going for it. Any car over 20 years old you have no inspection or emissions. Just take your tittle and proof of insurance to MVA and you have tags. But it sure does suck when its 19 degrees in the morning like today.

Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany ... just outside of the Nürburgring. You can drive or watch ... especially since the big 3 have started pushing American muscle and prototypes there more recently.

... More realistically the Northeast is full of great highways from mountains to beaches. When I lived in the south any time I had to take a car down for Maint or mods I felt I was missing out on great days ... now I just plan on it over winters.

NH isn't that bad. Circle track and dragstrip action and cruise nights. No big long open roads but there are some nice back roads and mountains to run through. Half a year to work on your car-if you have a heated garage...

Snow is a blast to drive in! Separates the men from the boys.

Even though the speedlimit is 45 the "Kanc" Rt 112 through the White Mtns is pretty awesome for a cruise.

The limit is 45 but it can really be a fun ride much faster. If you want more twisties off the Kanc is Bear Notch Rd! NH has no emissions for cars over 25 years old.

Florida would be a great place to be right now but it isn't very scenic and hotter than h$ll in the summer. If I only had 2 months of bad weather a year I'd jump for joy. Actually a little down time is good so you can appreciate the nice weather when you have it.

BTW I hate Iowa right now.:mad:

Phoenix, Arizona

Joe
^^This
Great car weather 9 months out of the year, easy to get through smog inspection, lots of car events from the Fall to the Spring, and you can still wrench and drive your car in the summer if you can handle the heat. Plenty of mountains within a 2 hour drive to go cruise up to.