where is the best place to buy auto spray detailer.

looking for an inexpensive no-frills spray detailer to use with the clay bar.
Got any links?
please post them up.
thanks
David

I have used Norton's spray detailer with success, available at many auto body shop supplier retailers. Since then a friend suggested I make my own as he had, he is a professional detailer.

Get a good quality spray bottle, you can use tap or distilled water, add .5-1.0 ounce of soap (your car wash detergent, or an alkali dish soap like dawn especially if you want to remove old wax). Get a good quality clay bar, and go at it. Don't be stingy with the lube and only work the clay bar back and forth, never in a circular motion.

The spray bottle I have pumps up and gets pressurized, delivers a nice frothy stream of the lubricant, don't know where it came from, got it from my buddy. If you go with the soap route, you just may have to rinse the car afterwards.

Hope this helps. Take the money you save and buy a good product to protect the nice clean smooth surface you now have.

Usually any non-wax body shine will work. You can dilute it way down with water. Too much soap will cause the bar to break down, it's messy after that.

Best stuff for claying is Meguiars Final Inspection, just buy it by the gallon and mix 50:50 with water. I usually order from AutoGeek.

Why not just use water? I clay bar my cars right after I wash them while the hose out. I mist a little area then clay it. Hit it with water again and double check the spot, then move on.

For the pump bottles JimP talked about you can get those at any body shop supply. I think you can get the same basic thing at HD or Lowes though. I know I have seen them at Tractor Supply. They are in the gardening section. Small bottle with a pump on the top. You will probably be fine with those as long as your not spraying solvent cleaners out of them.

Chris