Where do you get your Methanol in So. CA?

PsYcHo GN

Member Extraordinaire
I looked at Razor's list of methanol sources, and the closest location is So Cal Performance in Downey. They have bankers hours. They close at noon on Friday's and they're closed over the weekend, which is the only time I have to go purchase it.

Does anybody know if Team C in Bellflower carries Methanol? Any other sources closer to Torrance, Gardena, the beach cities would be more convenient.

I just finished installing my Alky kit last night and I have 5/gals. of VP Racing M3, but Julio at AlkyControl stated it burns richer than M1, so I'll wait till I can get some M1 before I go on my maiden drive to test the system and finally get my car back on the road.

I buy mine at So Cal Performance in Downey $16 for 5 gal. They test all the Methanol when it comes of the truck, if it's not good they send it back. He said there's too much money rapped up in motors to sell bad fuel. He's a good Ol boy. :smile: Always looks pissed off LOL.

Team C, I buy Royal Purple from them they have the best prices on it. I have never asked about Meth. Sorry :)

I buy mine at So Cal Performance in Downey $16 for 5 gal. They test all the Methanol when it comes of the truck, if it's not good they send it back. He said there's too much money rapped up in motors to sell bad fuel. He's a good Ol boy. :smile: Always looks pissed off LOL.

Team C, I buy Royal Purple from them they have the best prices on it. I have never asked about Meth. Sorry :)

I called Team C this morning, but they don't carry Meth.

I ended up going to So Cal Performance in Downey during my lunch hour. I didn't know they were located right behind Friscos. They have a pretty good cruise night on Wed. nights and their food is excellent.

You're right about the guy always looking like he's pissed off. I called them first to see if they have various grades of Meth and he sounded angry on the phone. The guy has no personality. If the Meth is good, I guess that is all that matters. :D

hear you go
310-782-9200
there located on 1932 del amo blvd.
city or torrance... sorry i forgot the name of the company but they got barrows of race fuel and meth all over the place.

hear you go
310-782-9200
there located on 1932 del amo blvd.
city or torrance... sorry i forgot the name of the company but they got barrows of race fuel and meth all over the place.

Thanks for the info! I'll save them for future reference. I know there are lots of small hot rod shops in all of those brick buildings down that little stretch of Del Amo Blvd. It's also only about 10 mins. from home so it is very convenient.

Hey Brent,

Whats the cross roads for them? I think I have been there before, but the location is not ringing a bell. Thanks!!!

So the Buick folks have flushed out a pissed off vendor. Go figure ? Perhaps sending ambassador Harold over there to straighten things out & maybe even suggesting a tech session would cheer him up. I have to meet this guy, Maybe I can pickup a few pointers & some fresh ideas lol

So the Buick folks have flushed out a pissed off vendor. Go figure ? Perhaps sending ambassador Harold over there to straighten things out & maybe even suggesting a tech session would cheer him up. I have to meet this guy, Maybe I can pickup a few pointers & some fresh ideas lol

:confused: :confused: :confused: Did I miss something?

:confused: :confused: :confused: Did I miss something?
Dear confused! I was merely reflecting on some poor ( non supporting ) vendor that seemed to have all the same qualities that I have been accused of & making fun of it. No I'm not drunk or lost my sense's I'm in between projects right now & just trying to stay amused. We are awaiting parts & the machine shop to get Brent's car running again. & then once more he will be unleashed to further harass Nordy.

We are awaiting parts & the machine shop to get Brent's car running again. & then once more he will be unleashed to further harass Nordy.

MAN, thats going to keep you SO busy for some time Lou.. looking forward to seeing that "stock" GN run..

Dear confused! I was merely reflecting on some poor ( non supporting ) vendor that seemed to have all the same qualities that I have been accused of & making fun of it. No I'm not drunk or lost my sense's I'm in between projects right now & just trying to stay amused. We are awaiting parts & the machine shop to get Brent's car running again. & then once more he will be unleashed to further harass Nordy.

Dearest Lou!

Got it!!!! ;)

:confused: :confused: still dont get it

Meth prices just went up, I got my 5 gallon fix from Socal in downey last week and it cost me 32.00 bucks, no more 16.00 dollars for 5 gallons. FUC* that.. when will they stop hiking prices like this, I gues I am going to have to sell a few things if i wanna keep driving the Brick.