Where do i go from here

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
Need a little help, i have whats in my sig and it runs well. Of course im trying to get that 10 or better, where do i need my upgrades,,, Turbo? Injectors? Fuel pump? or all the mentioned? Utimately I want that 9

Need a little help, i have whats in my sig and it runs well. Of course im trying to get that 10 or better, where do i need my upgrades,,, Turbo? Injectors? Fuel pump? or all the mentioned? Utimately I want that 9
For 9's, I'd imagine everything you listed and more. 10's should be yours now, your close. What's your 1/8 mile and 60 foot times.

Post a log file. Someone can look at it and possibly help you out.
You are going to need all that you mentioned as well as a tuner to get you there. Be prepared to run it hard.

Bryan

I’m sure you can squeak out two more tenths. As posted above, we need to see a log and the details of the time slip.
As for the 9 second goal here is what I would do…buy a TSM engine complete with the ECU and tune. Ask questions on how streetable it will be if you plan to drive it a lot. Building one from scratch will cost you twice as much and yield the same performance.

You left out alot of details on your times. How about a scan of the timeslip and details of psi, tires, weight, etc. You've got the parts for 10's.

If your looking for 9 then just buy a setup from someone that's there but switching to an LS. You'll need alot of other items to support that too.

Utimately I want that 9
an expensive goal with these cars,beyond that money its the knowledge and keeping an eye on lots of things,at this power level the car will let you know when the slightest thing is off and there is no room for rookie mistakes.

Thanks guys for the input, there's really no one around down here in south Texas that I know of that's a good Buick tuner. I know it cost allot to run low numbers but giving enough time I'll get it there. I've been logging things with my PL and will have to post a log. The 11.21 @121 i foot breaked it to about 10 psi launch with a 1.78 60ft, ..18 lbs in the 28 x 9 MT slick and ran out with 24 lbs boost total.
,,, I'm thinking about going to a 275 60 15 drag radial. I've used my Trans break but it yielded a slower time and felt like it was spinning (25 psi launch), I know it will go 10 like it is with a little tuning..

It doesn't cost that much to run low numbers. The time in my sig is a with a std bore 109...stock pistons...stock crank...stock rods...stock timing chain...stock rockers...flat tappet cam...reworked 8445 heads...TT 5.7 race chip...ZO6 MAF...tuning with NB...6262 JB...AC 16930...foot brake launch...28x9 slicks. You can't just throw parts at it. Combination, tuning and practice are all part of the formula.

It doesn't cost that much to run low numbers.
running the car to 135-140mph in the 1/4 vs 104mph in the 1/8 is a different ball game.running 9's will require going through the entire drivetrain,especially if you plan to do it more than once,and I would never rely on the stock pistons.transmission, rearend, driveshaft,fuel system,weight savings,safety equipment to run on the racetrack all adds up fast.

Some get it done with less and others it takes more. The stock short blocks can handle plenty of HP if built and tuned correctly. Bison cracked the 9's with a stock bottom end not long ago.

Last edited:
Look how many cracked stock pistons, broken axles, rear ends, or other hard parts in the 10.0 range. Yes it "can" be done. Being I have been there in that power range, Mr Spool is right. It should be done the right way if you know that is your goal.
Nothing like the confidence of pushing a solid combo down the 1320.
On the other hand, knowing you're squeezing a grenade with the pin pulled with oily hands may be a rush too LOL!

Thanks guys for the input, there's really no one around down here in south Texas that I know of that's a good Buick tuner. I know it cost allot to run low numbers but giving enough time I'll get it there. I've been logging things with my PL and will have to post a log. The 11.21 @121 i foot breaked it to about 10 psi launch with a 1.78 60ft, ..18 lbs in the 28 x 9 MT slick and ran out with 24 lbs boost total.
,,, I'm thinking about going to a 275 60 15 drag radial. I've used my Trans break but it yielded a slower time and felt like it was spinning (25 psi launch), I know it will go 10 like it is with a little tuning..

Get the 60ft down to around a 1.50 and you've got it.

I'm switching to a 275 60 15 M/T drag radial and I'm installing one of the Dynomax VT mufflers, I've read the tire should help my times and the muffler won't hurt anything. I don't have any slips and can't figure out how to post a log. I'm heading to the track this coming Saturday and will figure out the posting thing by then and save a few time slips also