Where can you purchase a small Fire extinguisher to keep in the car??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
A friend of mine had his twin turbo 5.0 Foxbody Mustang burn to the ground on the way home from the track. After hearing that I would really like to have a small fire extinguisher to keep in the car God forbid this would happen to me that way I have at least some chance of saving the car.

I have always had a $12 fire ext. from Wal Mart in my "hobby" cars. A few months ago me a couple of buddies went to the local track for the "Midnight Drags" and I got a chance to use it. We were all together in the staging lanes and there were 3 pairs of us and I was in the last pair. One of the guys has a 5.0 Mustang and he ran in the first pair. When I got the return round his car was on fire from a nitrous back fire and he had no fire extinguisher and neither did either of guys that ran in the pair after him. His car got some paint damage and a little melted plastic but came out pretty good compared to what could have hapened.

I think autopart stores like kragen, pep boys, autozone etc. have them. I think I bought mine at costco. I keep 2 in the elky, I had a old bmw catch on fire on me. I did'nt have an extinguisher in the car, but drove back home around the block, hanging my head out the window like ace ventura from all the smoke. Ran in the house, grabbed this little p.o.s extinguisher, and it put the fire out without any damage!!!! since then i've always kept one or two in there:eek: