Where can I get this part? (PICS)

GN138

Look at the RED colored part in this picture. It mounts to the fuel rail on my GN. I just need the red colored piece. The one I currently have is aluminum and since I have no aluminum wrenches, I split it.

I would like to find it in brass if possible. THANKS!!

HPIM1410.jpg

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1412.jpg

All that peice does is depress the schraeder valve in the fuel rail, just take the valve out and go to Napa and buy an adapter from the rail fitting to your gauge (1/8" NPT, I think).

If you buy another one of those it will be aluminum and cost much more.

Cool! I forgot that I can remove the scharader valve. I actually have a stainless adapter it just doesn't have the schrader depresser.

Thanks!

PS: Been awhile since I removed the schrader valve. How is the best way?

GN138 said:
Cool! I forgot that I can remove the scharader valve. I actually have a stainless adapter it just doesn't have the schrader depresser.

Thanks!

PS: Been awhile since I removed the schrader valve. How is the best way?

If you have a pocket protector style small screwdriver, sometimes they have the schrader valve removal tool on the tip/ handle end of screwdriver.

Napa sells a schrader valve tool near the valve stems and air gauges, its red and black.
BW

You have to use a schraeder valve tool, do not try to use anything else. I've actually seen guys butcher their fuel rails thinking they could do it with a screwdriver or something. Any hardware store sells them.

i have a blue one if you want was hooked to my fuel gauge and decided to run a hose to hood instead

Thanks! I had a piece laying around and was able to use it after removing the valve. I happened to have thrown away the tool to remove the schrader valve today but as soon as I looked at what the tool looked like I was able to fish it out of the trash. Thanks!

You threw away a schrader valve tool, or did you find a small screwdriver with the correct tip end :)

BW

Ha ha! I threw away the schrader valve tool, literally minutes before I needed it. Once I saw what the tool looked like I immediately fished it out of the trash can and used it to remove the schrader valve in the fuel rail. Whew! :biggrin: