whens the new GT turbos or wheels??

national

I mean the real complete not PTE's version...Id actually be happy with the new wheels for my 51 if they are gonna be avaible liek that..buy a new intake & exhaust wheel setup to bolt into my turbo..I thought thats the way I understodd it that it was gonna be..am I wrong?
Anyone heard anything..hopefully john craig will be getting them too..hope so anyways..otherwise im sure PTE wont sale the wheels seperatly as they are propritary turbos(harry says)
Brian

Originally posted by national

I mean the real complete not PTE's version...

That's apparently "TOP SECRET" (???)

Looks like some think the GT-series turbos are actually already on sale. :eek:

Hell..with all the letters & numbers we may never really know when its out..It may not ever come out..mid november now & no replies..hmm..not looking good is it..I dont think the real GT turbos will be out till mid next year & longer on the updated wheels for our older style turbos(if there even made that is)..
Brian

The wheels are already out and that is where the power comes from. I believe the real GT turboes are you are referring to them are all 4-bolt housings which aren't legal for GSCA Heads Up racing. I haven't studied the Garrett GT propaganda that closely though....

Originally posted by Scott231
The wheels are already out and that is where the power comes from. I believe the real GT turboes are you are referring to them are all 4-bolt housings which aren't legal for GSCA Heads Up racing. I haven't studied the Garrett GT propaganda that closely though....
You mean I can order a new set of wheels for my TE51 to get me the new technology without any special machining?
Thanks,Brian

All you'll have is a GT-wheel, not a GT-turbo.

Go to the Garrett website and examine what makes a GT, a GT.

A piece does not make a whole, and Garrett designed the new GT-series as a functional UNIT, with several inherent design upgrades, and not only the wheel.