When people ask about your turbo Buick...

What do you tell people?

• I have a Buick Regal

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • I have a Buick Grand National/T-type

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • I have a Buick Regal Grand National/Buick Regal T-type

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • I own a Buick....and leave it at that

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Captain Duckman

Do you tell them its a "Regal", or that it is a "Grand National/T-type"? Or do you say a "Buick REGAL Grand National"?

If I had a TB, I would take the badging off and tell people its a Buick, and leave it at that...I love the smooth sleeper look!!:cool:

So what do you tell people?

I always say Grand National or Buick Grand National...that's what these cars are known by anyways by most people...hell sometimes people know it's a Grand National just by the name but they don't know it's a BUICK:D

I seem to have an inordinate amount of people ask me/talk about my "Monte Carlo". I usually just say, "Well actually it's a Buick."

Most people in my area that I talk to wouldn't know what a "Grand National" was, so if they ask any more I just usually say that it is basically a Regal, but with special interior, special paint, special engine, and a special suspension. By then they are usually just nodding their head like "oh yeah I definitely know what you're talking about" when they really have no idea. I don't usually mention anything about "Grand National" unless I think they have some understanding of cars/Buicks or if I really want to make them feel like a moron.

Same thing down here in Illnois not too many people know of them ( at least in the peoria area.) usually people are asking "Whos balck motie. it's annoying

i just tell em its a turbo t. then they say their the ones with out the intercoolers right. i say yep. you can see my esp intercooler a mile away.:rolleyes:

I have a WE4......try explaining that one to the guy that says,"Hey, is that a Grand National?". Yup. I leave it at that.

If it's a person into cars I just say it's a GN, easier than explaining what a T is.

If it's some random person that doesn't know anything, it's a Buick. It's slow. :D

I have a black Regal T that is not a WE4 and always tell folks that ask, it's a GN. For those that seem to know what a GN is, I explain that it's the same as a GN, just with different seats.

And you guys think you have problems...............LMAO

Try explaining that you drive the only V6 Trans Am ever built. :D

And it has a turbo on it from the factory.

And NO IT DOESN'T HAVE A 301!!!!

Took all the badging off my Limited & they see the hood & wonder?? Then they hear my electric exhaust cut out roar & they smile as they back away slowly!! he-he:D :D

I just say it's a regal with a fuel injected 3.8 v6 if it just some random person, if someone who is into cars I just tell them its a turbo regal, and then they ask what is that? Then I respond it's a grand national with a different color. Then they say "I thought they were only black" then I just give up and say its a slow piece of crap that lurks in my garage that I know nothing about.:confused:

Grand National/T-Type.

Most people get the GN, but don't have a clue what a T-Type is. What is funnier is the questions I get asked when they see the GN on my trailer being towed to the track. They ask what it runs and I tell them. They then ask, "does it have a 350 in it?" :rolleyes: I say no, it's a V6. I usually get a very confused look after that. If I have a dial in time on the windshield from the previous weekends bracket race, they ask if that is an 1/8 mile time. I, of course, say no, it's a 1/4 mile e.t. I tell ya, you can really mess with some peoples heads with these cars.;)

Had one guy walk up to me in the staging lanes before first round of time shots and ask about the car. "These things run 14s, right?" I say, "well, this one is a little quicker, I have some work done." Then he sees me make a pass in the 10s.:D

The more they ask, the more I open up and tell them. If it's a casual question from one of the "uneducated", it's a regal. If they seem to have any clue whatsoever, I'll give them info up until they say something stupid, then I'm back to "regal". My favorite is always .."I've got a friend with a Mustang that runs 10s". I always respond the same way now. I say "Go get him right now and I'll bet you everything the two of you have got on you that I blow his Mustang right off the road!!" I figure the chances are so miniscule that his comments are true that it's not much of a gamble on my part. It always backs them down and then the excuses start. More than I can count.

I tell them it's a GN, all my emblems are off.
I was talking with a guy from the gym who owns an older black vette with a 350 with a loud x-haust. We were standing by his car and another older guy from the gym walks up and says, this is what I call an American Muscle car, not those turbo V6 things that are running around.
AND I SPOKE UP AND SAID, YA I have one of those V6 turbo cars and I'll BLOW the doors off of this vette. Then the vette owned said but your spedometer only goes up to 85 mph. I said SO, I'm not going to race you to california, I'm going to race you in a 1/4 mile, and your not going to see my spedo anyway ur going to see my taillights. That ended that discussion.
Tarey D.

I have an italian friend with accent because he came here in from the old country not many years ago.
He calls it a GRAND NASH.

i say Regal usually, especially if theres oney to be made from a race. the other day this crack addict came up to me and begged for money. i said "dude, im driving a black regal and im at AMSCOT, does it look like i got any money?"

i usually just say grand national, because if i say Buick Grand National, people tend to stop listening once they hear "Buick".