When getting knock do you add or remove fuel.

usually u would add. but how much boost??? and do you have a way to check fuel pressure? a scam master? or a adjustable chip?

Yes scanmaster and fuel guage. IMAG0234.jpg

The car wasnt tuned. It only had a k&n, fuel pump and cam. Since I bought it I installed 3” dp w/dump, hooker cat back, ls1 mass air with translator and just today a scanmaster and hotwire kit. I didnt know till today that I had knock. I adjusted fuel to 43lb without vac line. Ran the car down the street and got 5.9 retard debrees on scanmaster with 816 mv. Also started hearing a ticking sound. Aic number on scanmaster is also high idle at around 74. Thanks for any tips in advance.

It feels weak at WOT because of 6* of timing being pulled.

What chip is in it? If it's a Turbo Tweak chip, I'd start by unplugging the orange ECM wire from the battery to reset the chip to default settings. Then drive it for a few miles to let the chip re-learn & then run some 3rd gear pulls watching for timing retard.

ok when you mounted your maff & translator did you open the trans box and set your switches ? what kind of chip ?

First thing I would do is get a Turbo Tweak chip. Definitely worth the money and you should have more adjustments with the TT chip. Don't really know much about Conley chips.

Yes I set the switches in the trans. What kind of adjustments can you do on a chip?

With the Turbo Tweak chip you can adjust fuel at wot and timing. Once you get a TT chip make sure you adjust in small amounts and just one thing at a time so you will know if you are making things worse or not.

Ok thanks guys ill order chip very soon. if im going to get a stall converter should I get chip after converter or chip and converter dont affect each other?

When ordering the chip, tell him the torque converter you are buying, not the one you have.