Whats your MPG?

Rice_eater

I have heard that most GN's get around 22mpg? Is that true? I would think that they would get more? Seeing how a LS1-gets about 25 city and 30 hw. My car gets about 10 city and 14 HW. What do you guys get? Thanks!:)

Last long road trip I got about 26 but I don't get on the gas much on the freeway.

Just got a new chip with a highway cruise mode that is supposed to help with the mpg.

I think F-bodies (LS1) get better milleage as they are not shaped like a brick.......

14 city. Never really seen highway. The only logged highway miles was the last run to the track. I drove 1 hour and 15 minutes to the track, made 5 passes, drove back, did about 1 hour city driving and logged 16 mpg.

Suprise , Suprise

Wow, I would think that they would get way better MPG? I know that G-bodies are bricks but still? It is only a v6 granted it has a turbo, but jeesh that is like 5 miles better than a stock 305 which got about 15 mpg. LS-1 get around 20-30 hw. I was really looking at the GN because i like G-bodies and i need a car that gets decent mpg. But i dont want a civic or any 4 banger

My TTA gets ~17 in town (pretty darn good considering I get into the boost on about 2/3's of all my takeoffs) and last freeway trip in the dead of summer (100+ degrees) with the A/C on it got 27.5 mpg.

24 mpg on the highway (mostly where i drive)
17 mpg in the city

now boosting with the turbo... 5 mpg:D 50 lb injectors and decent sized turbo WILL use fuel when you get on it...i swear i can just watch my fuel needle go down almost 1/4 tank when i floor it

if memory serves me right, i can recall reading about a white turbo t running 12.80's and got 46mpg on an old issue of car craft (maybe 94' or 95' issue).i don't know exactly
i remember in this feature article they tested different cars in overall performance tests.(1/4 mile,braking,slalom,mpg, comfortability, etc.)
the buick came in 2nd place i believe b/c of the 1/4 mile,mpg,&comfortability.

do any of u guys have or remember this car craft issue?

46mpg is amazing.....then again maybe my memory is shot !!!!;)

I believe that white Buick was in Car Craft's Real Street Eliminator challenge.
If memory serves me, that was Heath Elmer's car.
I have it.. somewhere...I think!?!?

Originally posted by Rice_eater
I have heard that most GN's get around 22mpg? Is that true? I would think that they would get more? Seeing how a LS1-gets about 25 city and 30 hw. My car gets about 10 city and 14 HW. What do you guys get? Thanks!:)

LS 1s GET 25 AND 30??? THAT'S A FAIRY TALE IF I EVER HEARD ONE. :rolleyes: IS THAT ALL DOWNHILL?

maybe like 15-17 city and 25 highway

i heard some ls1 vettes got 30 on the highway but then again they're slippery compared to f-bodies..

Originally posted by TType84
maybe like 15-17 city and 25 highway

i heard some ls1 vettes got 30 on the highway but then again they're slippery compared to f-bodies..

Yeah, thats were i got the info. i went to a corvette forum and aksed what they got for mpg and most said, 15-20 city, 25-30 HW.

I am averaging 20-21 mpg. That would be a combination of normal driving and stalking poor unsuspecting stangs.:D