what's up with this site lately?

novaderrik

is it just being overworked or something? it takes about a minute to start loading a page, but once it starts loading it pops up really fast.. i get double posts most of the time i respond to a thread- and, yes, i know i only submit it once because i use the "tab" button to get to the "submit" button and hit "enter" to send it.
it works the same at all hours of the day and night, from home or at work, whether i'm logged in or not, and on both IE and Firefox.

Have you updated to any new ad blockers or anything?

Running smoking fast for me on several different computers from several different locations....

nope. this is the only site that does this for me- the rest of the internet is as fast as my 7meg cable internet connection allows.. like i said, it does it at home on Firefox or IE, at work on IE, at my mom's house on Firefox and doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not.
it's been like this for a couple of months.

nope. this is the only site that does this for me- the rest of the internet is as fast as my 7meg cable internet connection allows.. like i said, it does it at home on Firefox or IE, at work on IE, at my mom's house on Firefox and doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not.

For the most part the site is running well.

Have you cleaned up your computer lately? Browsing history, etc? Whats you op program? XP? What anti virus? Do you have any anti spyware?

You could try this.

Hit "Start" then "Programs" then "Accessories" then "System Tools" then"Disk Clean Up". That will get rid of stuff you don't need. Helps things run better.

There are a couple other programs you can get like Ccleaner and Spybot that can further check for and get rid of any problems within your computer.

You weren't kiddin.

For the most part the site is running well.

Have you cleaned up your computer lately? Browsing history, etc? Whats you op program? XP? What anti virus? Do you have any anti spyware?

You could try this.

Hit "Start" then "Programs" then "Accessories" then "System Tools" then"Disk Clean Up". That will get rid of stuff you don't need. Helps things run better.

There are a couple other programs you can get like Ccleaner and Spybot that can further check for and get rid of any problems within your computer.

my computer works fine, and it's not just this computer. 3 different computers at work and the computer at my mom's do the same thing.. like i said, this is the only site on the whole net that does this. i've seen a few other people with weird double posts around this board lately, so i figured it might be an overworked server on the TB.com end of things or something.

I'll add another issue. When a post your're subscibed to is updated, no notification is sent. Now the same thing with PM's as well. Do I need to reset something? Prefs are set correctly.

EXACTLY the same here also.. For a several months. This has been talked about several times. Every other site works instantly. Work has a T3 main frame and the same result. I get no emails about subscribed threads or about pm's. Crazy part is it works 3 times as fast on my Droid X smart phone. Its almost like were connecting through a server that has issues or something..:confused:

The emails I have no idea about. I have mine set to once daily and I get them every night just like clock work...

Far as the site running slow for some I can not imagine. It is blazing for others running the same equipment. We are really puzzled.

The new update should be done shortly. The person is finishing up the graphics now and I am hoping that VBB4 corrects most if not all of these issues...

Ahhhh! Now I can bitch and not be the only one...thanks guys....yeah, I don't get the e-mail notifications anymore either....that was a big help to me to help me keep track of the subscribed posts....since no more notifications, I miss a lot of posts that I was keeping track of or comunicating with....

So, Shane, ol' buddy, can this be fixed for ol' Brucie here? Pretty please?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Super fast at home and work. My notifications started going to my SPAM box for some reason a while ago no big deal I just look in the SPAM now.

ahhhh! Now i can bitch and not be the only one...thanks guys....yeah, i don't get the e-mail notifications anymore either....that was a big help to me to help me keep track of the subscribed posts....since no more notifications, i miss a lot of posts that i was keeping track of or comunicating with....

So, shane, ol' buddy, can this be fixed for ol' brucie here? Pretty please?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 grand national

x2

Everyone that is having trouble with your notifications, try going into your userCP and changing the settings for a couple of days to once a day and see if that works. Then change it back and see what happens, please?

Everyone that is having trouble with your notifications, try going into your userCP and changing the settings for a couple of days to once a day and see if that works. Then change it back and see what happens, please?

Done. :cool:

Site speed is unchanged for me however I no longer get emails from the site.

page is loading fast today. still a little sluggish, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to start loading any more.

Will do, Shane...thank you for your help.....

You are so polite.:smile:

Bruce '87 Grand National