Whats up with my wavering coolant temps?

TType84

cookin with propane
ARGRHGHAGHa....

Getting on highway today.. noticed my coolant temp was higher than normal... went back down to 180... kinda wavered between 180 and 200..

car has steel shims
boost only 17psi
no audible blown HG
no coolant in oil
no bubbles in coolant tank
no white smoke from exhaust
car idles 100% normal
vacuum is normal... 16in @ idle in drive.

right before I got to the highway i went about 75% throttle to pass someone, and then got on the highway like normal.

WTF?

gah i hate retarded problems.. any ideas guys?

Is the temp outside hotter than usual? My car is running hotter as well, but we are getting near 90 degree temps now. Stock rad and fan?

Squid4life said:
Is the temp outside hotter than usual? My car is running hotter as well, but we are getting near 90 degree temps now. Stock rad and fan?

fiero fan on high, gta alum radiator.

should not be an issue. i dunno wtf is up.

Sounds like your thermostat may be sticking. How old is it? If it is old and/or the stock unit, throw a 160* one in there.

87geeinn said:
Sounds like your thermostat may be sticking.
Agree.
Possibly a sticking Thermostat, or temp sensor on its way out.

Edit:
Also, check the wires for sporadic ground or break.

Jerryl said:
Agree.
Possibly a sticking Thermostat, or temp sensor on its way out.

Edit:
Also, check the wires for sporadic ground or break.

Mine acted the same way right before it finally stuck for the last time and the temps went to 275. I'd toss in a new thermostat just in case. :wink:

84TXGN said:
Mine acted the same way right before it finally stuck for the last time and the temps went to 275. I'd toss in a new thermostat just in case. :wink:

yeah, i thought about the stat but its less than 6 months old. that includes 2 months of not driving the car due to liquefying the transmission :frown:

arghgrhghrg... i run mostly water + rmi25

the system should be pretty clean, i guess not. grrr.

I put a 180* stat in there on purpose.. had a 160* before.