What's this it's not oil

carryon525

So I was letting my car idle for a little bit in the garage. I have noticed that the garage floor gets black. So I touched it with my finger and I know it is not oil but it does feel kind of like charcoal. What do I need to do to get rid of this and could this be the major cause of some of my knock that I am getting. I ordered the alcohol injection kit so that will be going on the car soon. Can someone help?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 216
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.4 KB · Views: 189
Looks like carbon to me. Does the car seem to be idling too rich? If it is, a lot of black soot ( excess carbon ) will be blown out. I see it's near the exhaust and that's why I ask the question .FWIW.

Looks like carbon to me. Does the car seem to be idling too rich? If it is, a lot of black soot ( excess carbon ) will be blown out. I see it's near the exhaust and that's why I ask the question .FWIW.
Yes it's coming out my exhaust. It's smells rich but my line off is at 43psi. Is this an issue? Should I go ahead and do the upper intake cleaner or wait for the Alky install? Could this be the reason I'm having possible false knock or flat out knock at WOT? Suggestions?

That's a pretty common thing. On start up the exhaust condenses and will pick up residual soot inside the system. The result is what you see.

So I was letting my car idle for a little bit in the garage. I have noticed that the garage floor gets black. So I touched it with my finger and I know it is not oil but it does feel kind of like charcoal. What do I need to do to get rid of this and could this be the major cause of some of my knock that I am getting. I ordered the alcohol injection kit so that will be going on the car soon. Can someone help?
That is normal on cold startup. Water is a product of combustion. On cold startup there is a lot of water condensing in the exhaust system. The water exits the tail pipes carrying carbon collected in the exhaust system with it. The alcohol will not clean that up.