what's the best looking wheel for a GN?

blown sn-95

I am looking to get rid of the wheels i have and get new ones.
right now I have Center Line Convo pro's ( for sale )
I'm looking for something more daily driver friendly...
help:cool:

I've always been a big fan of the stockers. I don't think they can be out done.

Originally posted by blown sn-95
I am looking to get rid of the wheels i have and get new ones.
right now I have Center Line Convo pro's ( for sale )
I'm looking for something more daily driver friendly...
help:cool:

Just curious as to why the Convo Pro isn't daily driver friendly. I have them on my car and really like the looks of the wheel.

Hands down......GTA/GNX wheels. Everything else pales in comparison. I think they're some of the best factory wheels ever made and they look killer on turbo regals. Torque Thrusts are pretty sweet looking too.

The "best" looking wheel is very subjective.
The only correct answer is "the ones you like most"

Personally, I like the Telstars.

Other great ones:
Convo pros
simmons
torque thrust IIs
GNX wheels
the wheel efi-street just got (and a few others)
and alot more
Look around - there's a ton of wheels that look great on the g-bodys. Look at as many pics as you can (got to www.efi-street.com)and see what you like.

I personally think the correct off set and tire can make or break a good looking set of wheels...BUT - that's a whole 'nuther argument!

How about Black stock car rims on the rear , and 14 black steels on the front . I ran those for a while when i salvaged my wreaked GN , lets just say the GN were Alot bent . AutoDrags now look nice polished. I like those rims Cal Hartline is running , something different .

My vote is for the Centerline AutoDrags. Not too many people run them on the TR's. At the Nat's I don't think I saw more than 5 or 6 cars with them. They just have an old school look but still compliment a GN really nicely. They also look KILLER on a Wh1.

HTH,
Ryan

Just another guy here voting for the GTA/GNX wheels. I don't think that the stockers should be replaced, but if they already have been, it's not so sacriligeous.

Well, my front suspension is a bit different than most. Fabricated tubular upper control arms, stock lowers with relocated ball joint seat points, both with circletrack ball joints w/ spindle reaming. Suspension now does what a suspension is supposed to do when you go into a corner rather than all the wrong things.

Before these changes I had 15x8's w/ 3.5BS which is what's on the rear. With 235/60/15's this pushed the PS tire out closer to the outer wheel well because of the factory body centering issues and at speed and hitting a dip the tire would lightly contact the wheel well and cause a braking effect and make the car pull right for a split second. After the susp. mods I went with 15x7's w/ a 4.5BS which tucked the tires back in however there were now some full lock clearence issues w/ the wheel and susp so some 1/4" spacers and mior grinding took care of that. I do still have a slight full lock tire rub inside the wheel well somewhere but everything else is good.

I think its about impossible to beat the factory 4" BS for all the clearence issues with tires bigger than the stock 215/65/15's but Weld only offers 1/2 sizes so thats a pain.

HTH

I like mine! But its one of the hardest decisions to make on a car because the wheels make it or break it.

Originally posted by JP87GN
I like mine! But its one of the hardest decisions to make on a car because the wheels make it or break it.

nice car man, i like the rims