Whats the best BB turbo that uses stock dp, stall, and headers? ---

alwayscode390

I think I talked myself into keeping my car ... which has been for sale the last 3 months.

I am going to go a different route though. I want to just bolt on a bb turbo and get a new tune.

The car has the "edelbrock cam " (contacting previous owner for the exact specs) , 50# injectors, and an adjustable fuel regulator.

I want it to fit the stock downpipe and headers ... and spool well with the stock stall.

My last "build" was to go te44 with a 2600 stall and a 3" dp ... then a roller cam and all bunch of other stuff.

How fast do you think I can go with the turbo you suggest? THANKS :) ---

Someone told me they make a Ball Bearing te44?

Can you link me to a vendor that sells one?

Would I need a stall with one , or is it pretty much just a straight swap from stock (like I am looking for?) ---

^^^ NICE ... a little pricey but may be worth it ... do I go "S" cover and .63 AR , right?

I will message him and see how it is for a bolt on application :)

THANKS !!! ---

^^^ NICE ... a little pricey but may be worth it ... do I go "S" cover and .63 AR , right?

I will message him and see how it is for a bolt on application :)

THANKS !!! ---

S cover will be a 4"in 2.5" out. I'd check to see if they offer a 3" x 2" cover if you want it to look more stock and bolt right in. Otherwise your air intake will need an adapter to run the S cover and you'll need a different hose for your turbo to intercooler hookup but you'll most likely need that anyway.

5857 ball bearing. I have a journal 5857 with .63 Garrett if interested. It will spool fast.

Whats the E cover?

BISON , pm sent.

thanks guys , looks like thats the direction I will be heading now :) ---

Seems to be between the ball bearing versions of the 5857, te44, and te60 ... I think I may actually go te60 bb and bite the bullet to install the 2600 stall I have (that I bought for the thrust journal te44).

The 5857 seems to be about $300 more than the other turbos , which is sorta turning me off.

I guess te60 vs 5857 is what I am looking for opinions on ---

LOL I talked myself into going 3" downpipe again also ... with a 38mm wastegate , that should keep the boost in solid control ... right?