Whats range of stalls are most common with cars of this site?

2kSSLS1

Reason Im asking, is because Im selling a practically new Yank SS4000 (in the classifieds by the way) and Ive hardly received any interest. I may get someone who asks about it every 2 or 3 weeks, but not what I would of expected. I didnt know if it was because the stall was more than what most use on cars of this site. When I say cars of this site, Im referring to Regals, Grand Nationals, etc. Anyhow, I dont know too much about these cars and was wondering why I wasnt getting much interest. Ive had the converter for sale for about 2 months now, maybe longer and would of thought by now that it would be sold. So...what are the more common stalls that cars on this site use? Thanks.

By the way, here is a direct link to the converter I have for sale. It says a lot about it, let me know what would steer members from being interested or considering purchasing it. Thanks again.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133055

If you have any questions, concerns, or offers, please private message me.

I would guess 2800-3500 is a "normal" range. if you could get it restalled to say a 3000-3200 I think it would sell pretty quick IMO.

The only reason I dont want to use up its free restall is because I think to myself, "What if one particular person looking for a converter wants a 3200 stall, then another wants a 3500, and then another wants a 3000, etc. etc. I would rather sell it as is and keep the free restall, that way whoever is interested could restall it to the exact stall they are looking for. Does that make sense? I would hate to restall it to a specific stall speed and eliminate all possible interest for those looking for a converter with a stall speed other than the one I chose. So basically Im selling a $900 converter with your choice of stall...that is the way I look at it.

By the way, how come the stall speeds are so much lower for cars of this site? Thanks.

Stock motors only make power to about 5,000 RPMs or so. I would guess most people on here have stock motors.

Not sure yet if I will send it off to have it restalled, but if you could choose only one stall that would be most likely to sell, what would it be?

You want my opinion.

It's going to be hard to sell a used convertor for the money you are asking.

They start at $450 and go up to $900 for a brand new one.So in my opinon people will go with a brand new one for the price.Really why take a chance on a used one if a new one can be had for the same money.

And I know you paid more but if you can buy a new pats with anti ballon plates already in it etc.Why would you try a used yank that you have to ship back to get restalled for more cash.

And even if you compare it to the top of the line billet 9x11 which are proven performers in our cars you have only dropped 20 percent for an used unknown product from a someone unknown to the turbobuick crowd.

Not trying to make you mad just pointing out some of the reasons why it could be.

My initial asking price was $750 plus shipping, but I think $650 plus shipping is more reasonable. Thats $250 off of what I paid for it which is roughly 28% off. That is a lot of money in my opinion that I have knocked off. I think $650 for a hardly used $900 converter is a awesome deal.

I know that I may not be apart of the Turbobuick crown, but I use a 200-4R in my Camaro in which came from an '85 Grand National. I bought the core from a member on this board. So since Im not known to this crowd, I mentioned that I had 100% positive feedback on Ebay, and have completed several transactions on another board in which I would provide references if needed.

I understand the risk of buying used parts from someone over the internet, that is why I dont screw people over. I too know the feeling because I shop around here and there looking for parts. That is why there is feedback. I also understand that people can buy a different converter for the price Im asking for my Yank, but they wont get the same quality and performance that Yank puts out.

Yank converters are not an unknown product, they are a proven performing converter in which have been around for quite some time and I know tons of people who use their products. If I were to make a poll on the other board as to which converter performs best, I guarantee you the numbers would be higher for the Yanks...Precision Industries coming in 2nd.

You are not offending me in no way, I appreciate your thoughts and perspective on all this. It only helps me. I just hope that it will sell soon so that I can swap converters. (need funds from this converter to help purchase a different one.) I plan on buying another Yank, just to mention it.

Originally posted by 2kSSLS1
So a 4000 stall for these cars even without nitrous is too much?

these cars make enough torque.. that nitrous or not doesnt matter..

from people i know.. 2800-3500 is about the range...

Three issues,

One the converter is not one of the typical used on these cars. Art Carr, Pats, TCS 9x11, Protorque, are the typicals.

Second is the non-lockup.. this is a big issue

Third 4000 stall is way above average, I mean you can get a billet 9x11 3500 stall from a vendor high 600's with lockup.. warranty.. and a free stall change.

4000 with a big turbo is 6K + shifts. Our V6 motor are low reving motors.

You have a white elephant that needs a home. Its tough. Most guys that can spin theyre motors have Stage setups.. and run T400's.

To those that view this thread, if I were to get it restalled, would anyone be interested in purchasing the converter?

If you have a free restall, then why don't YOU have it set where you need to run and use it? I'm really curious as to why you've been trying to sell it (for at least 3 months) and go with something else? It's obvious you'll never get a fair price for it... I know, I've been there a bunch trying to sell used parts. I'm usually happy if I can get 1/3 their value. :(

Razonr: The converter is lockup. I specified that upon ordering the converter and I lock it up in 4th with a manual switch. I can also have it where it locks up in 3rd for track use, but never had to because my set up wasnt maximized. So I know for a fact that its lockable.

S10xGN: Because the converter that I want is a PT series and this converter is a SS series in which are totally different. Even if I had it stalled to the stall that I want, it wouldnt be the same. This converter was for my needs and goals for the car when I first swapped it over to an auto., but now I have moved directions with the car and will need a different converter.