What's in my valve cover?

No, I'm pretty positive. :D

With any luck, your first beakdown will be one of those other 11 buttons that are just as old as the one that broke. Those are cheap and easy (like I like 'em) to fix and you already know how to do them.

You're going to learn that ignoring preventative maintenance on these cars will bite you, HARD. Ignoring warning shots, is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I'll get some new springs and do that I just had to get it on the road today to make it to my 2 jobs . I'm not ignoring it I'm just doing what I can when I can

Earl and the guys on here that are giving you advise they are not negative, they are guys that have went through all the pitfalls in the early years and have learned how to make these cars work. They have tons of experience and I would listen to them 100 percent of the time. They are just trying to help you for free! Buick guys want stuff right with no corners cut, that is why they are pushing you to check Everything!

Went to replace mine before I put my rocker shafts back on and ordered mr-1829 from Napa. This is what they sent. Anyone use these square ones? Is this supposed to be an updated part?
1411085987902.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Oh good god. Looks like another ''updated'' part with the same part number.

The square shape will probably be fine as long as it's the same width as the diameter of the correct button. What jumps out at me is the style of the locking clamps on that square button. Depending on the wall thickness of the rocker shaft that thing might now clamp down OR it might be loose as hell and snap itself off during use.

I guess I need to packrat a few round ones now. (and finish my solid rocker shaft kits)

Looks like there is some light surface rust on the rockers and els-where. Water condensation? Either case, I would change the oil if it hasn't been done for a while. If water is getting in somewhere, I'm sure your oil will be really thin. BTW, Nice car! Good to see improvements being made, even if they are small ones. :)