What's in my valve cover?

TurboBrian

Sorta looks like parts of the k&n breather but idk... Is it just sludge? Also does everything look stock? My first time taking a valve cover off a turbo buick. Is any of this a sign that something is wrong?
0d3ea3771b9c331d75da689a07844592.jpg
Thanks
8147d4c16bd253d69d4d6d9785036fb2.jpg
c487e60bd8ed31a966fa286ea32a75bb.jpg
e9e8d05f8f5ebafd236daa92539dc14f.jpg

Looks like sludge to me. I'm guessing the cover came off because of the broken rocker button?

Make sure all your pushrods are nice and straight before you put everything back together.

No just took them off to do the gaskets and now getting crazy with the paint...
46714a1c44103f886b223c0147078fef.jpg
hope it turns out okay

Just a bent pushrod that may or may not allow the lifter to jump out of it's bore taking all your oil pressure with it.

If it were me I'd go to O'reillys and spend $.69 each for a set of 12. Sealed power MR-1829 You're lucky you found it when you did.

Inspect that rocker and valve tip very close too. Look at the scratches on your rocker shaft. That things been dancing around a little.

Oh yeah, those spring cups make me think the valve springs have never been changed.... Might want to get set of those on the way too.

ab399a6c317d5994308b04dc00b07578.jpg
currently how they sit... My cars a daily driver you think I should just put it back together or what needs to be done right away?

ab399a6c317d5994308b04dc00b07578.jpg
currently how they sit... My cars a daily driver you think I should just put it back together or what needs to be done right away?
Dude. Like Earl mentioned earlier, you NEED to inspect the rocker and pushrods and put a new plastic button retainer on that rocker. That is at a minimum. If it were me, I would replace the springs while there and upgrade to TA hardened shafts.

This is the first time I've ever had anyone resist doing a repair that's less than a damn $1. (I even looked up the part number!). Expect for the springs of course. But, then again, if you don't know these cars, you don't know just how bad they make your car run.

In the old days we had better oil to handle the lifters banging into the cam when the valves were floating. I have to admit I am kinda curious to see the inside of the engine when it grenades.

This is the first time I've ever had anyone resist doing a repair that's less than a damn $1. (I even looked up the part number!). Expect for the springs of course. But, then again, if you don't know these cars, you don't know just how bad they make your car run.

In the old days we had better oil to handle the lifters banging into the cam when the valves were floating. I have to admit I am kinda curious to see the inside of the engine when it grenades.
Next post on the engine tech section will be: "Help, engine making tapping noise, what do I check". That motor already looks pretty dirty and suspect. Plus. It's a daily driver.

Lol calm down guys I did go and buy the $1 cap... had to drive an hour to get it but I believe I caught it before any damage. Motor sounds nice and quiet :)

Don't forget the misfire when the pushrod(s) lays over. On the upside you can get home from a night of stripclubbing and drop off your three friends.