What's in my brass PCV valve??

jooset

So I needed to replace vacuum hose to my PCV valve and when I pulled out the valve and went to my bench to replace the hose, out popped this little nipple with a o-ring on it. I assume it came from the brass pcv valve. How do I correctly put that back into the valve - don't want that thing bouncing around the inside of my engine. Thanks! IMG_1799.JPG IMG_1800.JPG

Wow, call jason. I'm glad that didn't make its way into the engine. Where was it at exactly

Sounds silly, but when I yanked the hose off the brass pcv valve, it just popped onto the work bench. I didn't see what side it came from or what orientation it was in. As it stands right now, by brass PCV check valve" is just a tube - can see right through it. I thought these things were supposed to allow air to flow one way under high pressure!

i think there is a spring supposed to be in there, drop the ball in the top side and see if it falls through. I built my own but the check ball wont fall out and mine is inline above the stock pcv.